Chapter 5

"What happened?" Melanie's head was heavy as her eyes opened from the darkness. The room was unsurprisingly cold in the early winter morning.

She was laying on her bed on top of the duvet, Doug stood over her, he looked concerned and slightly disappointed when he saw that she was awake. She pushed herself up. Her head felt as light as air. Doug began to pace back and fourth, obviously trying to hide something. The curiosity of wanting to know what he was hiding ate away at the back of her mind, on the other hand different  things were more important at this point in time.

He had dressed himself in his usual gear. Sixth formers didn't wear uniform, for them it was just smart casual, he wore a dark coloured T-shirt, today it was navy blue, and a pair of dark loose fit jeans, he wasn't wearing any shoes at the moment, only black socks. His hair was still ruffled slightly. How could someone as good looking as him have such an evil personality?

"You fell like a leaf, I was so scared baby, you just passed out. Don't scare me like that again please. I didn't know what to do. I thought about calling an ambulance or the hospital. In the end I decided it would be a waste of time. I thought you would be ok, I just wasn't sure." He was just babbling on and on. "I picked you up baby, I nearly left you there in fear that picking you up might be thhe wrong thing but I did it anyway. I was gonna put you in the recovery position but I didn't wanna do anything that might harm you so I brought you in here. You're fine now right? Wait of course not. How could you be fine, you just passed out for no reason." Somehow Melanie couldn't believe that what he was saying was true. He seemed to be getting clingy all of a sudden. Her skin began to crawl at the thought of it, one extreme to another. Abusive to overly attatched.

"What time is it?" They had to leave the house by eight, and assuming Doug hadn't dressed her she would still be in her underwear. Which meant if it was anywhere near half past they would probably be late.

"It's twenty too, but Mel, don't worry about school today, it doesn't matter you just need to get better." Since when did Doug care about her health? He'd done something wrong. He was trying to stop her from finding out, or stopping other people from finding out. He knew how to manipulate people and get them to think what he wanted. Except Melanie.

"Doug. I need to go to school, it's my last year and I'm already slightly behind." She needed to get to school, it was somehere he was less likely to hit her. Anything could happen if he got her to stay at home. Alone. With him.

Anything.

"You're staying here." He leaned over her further, his already shadowed face becoming darker and more sinster. Doug was trying ever so hard to intimidate her.

"I'm going to school, I need an education. It's fine for you, you've already finished your GCSE's." Melanie leaped off the bed and started to prod his chest. His brow furrowed in shock and confusion.

Melanie nearly fainted from standing up too quickly, her vision becoming slightly off. Her head felt very light although she had to push through it, she was finally standing up for herself and she wasn't going to let this chance slip through her dainty fingers.

"Since when did you get so grouchy and bossy." He was reluctant to stop her from poking him. It was the first time in a long time that she had been willing to touch him. Her prescence made him crazy, a flood of emotions washed over him each time they were in contact. He wanted to pull her in close to him and kiss her. He wanted her so much. Doug wanted to pick her up in his arms until she wrapped her legs around his waist. Their first time had been perfect for him.

"I am not grouchy or bossy! I'm finally standing up for myself!" Her face began to feel hot as her anger rose to the surface.

Doug's fingers lifted from his side and wrapped around Melanie's hand, holding it tightly against his chest. He loved the feeling of power that he had over her.