Chapter 4 Meeting The Matthews Family

Mia's P.O.V

It was a Saturday morning when my mum woke me up at 6 am in the morning! Who wakes up a person at 6 am on a Saturday!? I groaned.

"Amelia Elizabeth Taylor come down now! This is an emergency!" Mum screeched.

I sighed! Cmon! I made my way downstairs and groaned!

"What's the emergency mother!" I asked, blinking my eyes.

"Your father's boss and family are coming for dinner and I want you to help me prepare." Mum said.

"But mum its 6 am in the morning! 6 am!!" I shrieked, pointing at the clock.

She gave me the stern look and I had no choice but to get up and change. I grumbled and made my way upstairs. I put on some shorts and a tank top, leaving my hair out and combing it with a brush. I made my way downstairs and made some Brownies for desert.

"Morning Li'l Sis!" Dylan said, his head poking out of the kitchen door.

"Morning Big Bro can you please help me with this?" I asked, strirring the mixer.

"Sure Baby Sis!" He replied, with a cheerfull smile.

"Why are you so happy today?" I asked, grinning.

"See I met this girl and she's like so perfect!" He said, grinning like a 5 year old boy in Christmas.

I chuckled and baked the Brownies. We went to sit down on the sofa, waiting for it to be cooked.

"So who is this girl thats making you like a love sick puppy?" I asked, teasily.

"Well her name is Leila Swift she's a senior and an A+ student. She has amazing, chocolate brown eyes, golden, bloned hair and beautiful, pink lips." He said, dreamily.

"You are so whipped!" I said, laughing.

The timer buzzed and I took it out of the oven. I cut them into rectangles and placed them into a floral plate. I took a look at the table and it was perfect! I sighed, happily. Finally its over. Mum came in the room and gave me a bag.

"Whats this?" I asked.

"Its what your wearing tonight. Try It on. " She answered, taking a sip out of her coffe mug.

I went upstairs and opened the bag. I gasped. In the bag was a short, mid thigh white dress which was glittery at the top and flowy at the bottom. This is too formal  I thought, looking at it carefully.

"Mum this is too formal. Im not wearing this!" I groaned.

"Amelia." She warned.

I groaned and went back upstairs. I took a quick shower and dried my hair. Since my hair was already curly, I  left it down while it  flowed down  my back. For my opinion I woud've stucked with jeans and tshirts but noooo my mother woudn't allow that would she! I put on the dress and my nose wrinkled. It was sooo short and was not my style! Urgh suck it up Mia! I was about to put on my flats when the door opened. I jumped.

"These are the shoes that would go perfectly  with your dress!" Mum said, her eyes twinkling in exitment.

I looked at what she was wearing and noticed how beautiful my mother was. She wore a black dress that went up to her knees, silver high heels and  her  hair was in a low, side bun which looked formal. Her makeup was minimal and she looked so beautiful! She left the room and said to try it out. I opened the box and groaned. It was a white, 3 inch high heels with glitters. Like I said I woud've stucked with converse. I sat down and sighed.

25 mins later, I was finished. I looked at my reflection. I gasped. The girl on the mirror was now different in a good way. She no longer wore her thick, coke bottle glasses, her baggy clothes, her hair beign not tied up in a ponytail and most of all you could see her beautiful, piercing blue eyes.  Like I said I looked different.