Chapter 3

--Yes Chapter three!!! I can't believe I'm actually writing this! Anyway it'll start in Sofia's P.O.V. then Charles will come up and Sofia again, maybe. Read! Comment! Vote! Please I need feedback!!!

Chapter 3

Sofia's P.O.V.

As we walked to a line to get some food, the guy called Charlie cut in front of me. Scowling at him I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around to look at me. "Why did you just get in front of me?" I ask him through my teeth. He just shrugs, turns around and grabs a tray. My mouth falls as I watch him, but I pull myself together grab some pizza and a bottle of water then pay for both and walk to the table that Melissa, Joey and Josh are sitting at. Sitting down next to Melissa, I see her staring at me, so I ask, "What?" She just squeals and says, "How do you know Charles Marshall? He's like the most popular guy in school." I shrug my shoulders and say, "I don't know him, but who cares." Then I just turned back to my lunch and eat as Melissa chatted on and on about Charlie.

Getting out of my seat, I grabbed my tray and took it over to throw away the rest of my food. As I was walking back to my table, something caught my foot and caused me to trip and fall to the floor. The cafeteria was silent as I was on the floor and looked to see that it was a pink stiletto that tripped me. Getting up, I looked the owner of that stiletto in the eye and can only describe her as Malibu Barbie. I scowl at her and say, "Who do you think you are?" She looks me in the eyes and says, "Well, I thought I was your personal welcoming committee and just wanted to warn you to stay away from Charlie, he's mine." Everyone at the table, including some at those around us, froze at what she said. I look to see that Charlie was sitting at the same table as Malibu was and his face had no expression. I say through gritted teeth, "I don't want the dude, I don't even like him." Malibu gets up from her chair and spills water on top of my head while saying, "I don't care just stay away."

Everyone in that cafeteria was in complete shock, even Charles himself. I looked down at my now wet favorite blouse and jacket then said with a serious voice, "Let me make myself clear I will never want him and if you try a stunt like this again I will kick your ass." Then I took someone's pizza off their tray and planted it in her face. I then left the cafeteria and headed to my locker.

"Wait up Sofia!" I heard Josh yell after me. I stopped and turned to see him, Melissa and Joey following him down the hall. When they caught up to me, Melissa looked at me like I was crazy and said, "No one has ever did anything like that to Roxxie Stewart, ever!" I just laughed and then put my jacket in my locker, which took most of the blow from the water besides my hair. Melissa handed me her brush from her bag and a small towel, I nodded thanks and said, "Well maybe Malibu Barbie needed a little tough love for once." The bell rang so Joey and Melissa had to get to their class, so Josh led me to the Chemistry lab. "I gotta say that was pretty impressive Sofia," Josh said as we walked into class, "You should have seen her face when you left, she was so mad." Josh and I then started to laugh and suddenly Charles walks into the room. Josh and I stopped laughing and I just stared at him as he approached me. Before he could say anything to me, the bell rang and the teacher told us to take our seats.

Josh led me to two empty seats across the room and I saw Charles sit in the one we left him at and could see that he was staring at me. I just smirked at him and turn towards Josh and start asking him about the class, and then I hear the teacher say, "Miss, can you stop your nonsense and pay attention." I just chuckle and tell the man, "Sir I was only asking about the lessons I have missed since I'm new here. My name is Sofia Marino." The teacher stopped glaring at me and looked surprise and asked, "Your Sofia?" I smiled and said, "Yes I am." He nodded and went back to the lesson. Then for some reason I looked over at Charles and he was still staring at me, but it wasn't a glare but a look of wonder. I shrugged it off and listened to the teacher as he went on to explain certain chemicals we would be using tomorrow in the lab.

**************************************

Charlie's P.O.V.

I've been in all of her classes so far and have been trying to talk to her since I'd laid my eyes on her. Sofia Marino, the new girl, is one of the hottest girls I've ever seen and have had a crush on her ever since we were kids. I live next door to her grandmother and when we were little she used to always come and stay over summer breaks. My mother and her grandmother were close friends, so we would always go and visit her or have dinner over there. I can still remember the first day we met.....

"Charlie, hon can you get me the milk out of the fridge," Rosa Marino asked my seven year old self. I nodded and went to get it, when I hear the front door open and a shrilling sound. I turn to see Rosa hugging a little girl and frowned. Who is that, I asked myself, while starred at them. I turn to see my mom looking at them smiling, so I go over to her and ask, "Mom who is that?" She looks at me and says, "Charlie that's Rosa's granddaughter, Sofia." I look back to see Sofia looking at me with a smile and then she waves at me. With a surprised look on my face I wave back. She laughs then comes up to me and hugs me while saying, "Hi, I'm Sofia, but you can call me Fifi all of my friends and family do." Looking into her face I see eyes that are like no other I have seen before and say, "Um... hi... I'm Charlie." She smiles at me and says, "Let's go play Charlie-boy."

Thinking about it brought back so many memories of our childhood friendship. But when we were about ten or eleven she stopped coming over so often and I was always on vacation somewhere else when I started middle school. So we just never seen or talked to each other after that, but I tried to when she did come over on occasions and was never noticed because she was like a zombie and kept going without a glance at me. Now she's back in town and I can't believe my mom didn't tell me! I'm gonna have to have a little chat with her, I thought to myself. Glancing over at Sofia, I could see she was getting pretty bored with the lecture on chemical safety the teacher was giving. Smirking to myself I started to listen to the droning voice of Mr. Evans...

******************************************************************************

The bell rang and I jump up, scared out of my sleep. "I see you were bored as well, sleeping beauty," a voice said from beside me. Turning to look who it was, I saw a smiling Sofia standing there. I smirked and asked, "Did you kiss this sleeping beauty awake at least?" She scowled at me like I knew she would and said, "You know what I was coming over to apologize for what I did to your little girlfriend, but I think you deserved to be embarrassed." As she stomped out of the classroom, I quickly grabbed my things and followed her while saying to her backside, "Okay, I'm sorry I said that and I didn't mean anything by it." Sofia stopped and looked up at me with suspicion in her eyes, but still stuck her hand out and said, "Truce?" I shook that hand and said, "Truce, so where you headed off to." She took out her schedule and said, "I have auto shop next you?" I smirked at her and said, "The same, so I guess you're stuck with me." She just rolls her eyes and I lead her to the garage. "Oh and by the way, Roxxie is not my girlfriend, she only wishes." I say as we walk down the hall towards the classroom. Sofia looks up at me with shock and asks, "So why did she go all ballistic on me?" I shrug my shoulders and say, "What can I say she's crazy for me like a lot of girls around here." She scowls at me again and we just walk silently the rest of the way to class.

Walking in, we can hear the rock music blaring through the little stereo and can see Mrs. Austin dancing around the room. We stop and just stare at her, then look at each other and start laughing. "Kids, I didn't hear you come in!" Mrs. Austin yelled over the music then went to turn it off. I just shake my head at her and say, "Man, you need to stop dancing before class, you're just embarrassing yourself." She just shrugs, and then looks at Sofia with a questioning look on her face. Sofia looks at her and smiles while saying, "I'm Sofia Marino your new student." Mrs. Austin then looks at her with shock and says sternly, "Okay little lady if I get any trouble out of you I will fail you and deal with you in my own way, got it." Now it's Sofia with the shocked look on her face and I couldn't help but laugh. But my laugh was cut off by me gasping for air when I feel someone punch me in the stomach. I look down to see Sofia with her fist clenched and her scowling at me. I throw my hands up in surrender and walk over to a seat. As I sit down, I say to Mrs. Austin, "Sofia isn't really a bad person I've known her all my life." Sofia looks at me with a questioning look in her eye and asks, "How do you know me? Today was the first day we met." I look at her with a knowing smirk on my face and say, "What Fifi you don't remember the time we got lost in the woods when we were nine and got chased by a deer all the way home?"

******************************************************************************