Chapter ~6~

The boy's face was glaring at me. 'What did I do?'

He walked over to Mrs. Days as Jen came into the room, whispered something to her, and then turned to stare at me again while Mrs. Days glared at him.

"Maggie, this is Tanner. He's my--"

"Jen, I can introduce myself," he seethed. Instinctively I took a step back--right into the fridge. "I'm sorry." 'It didn't sound like it....' "I didn't mean to frighten you." 'Oh, of course not.' He then left the room with his fists clenched.

"See you," I whispered. Jen came over to me and gave me a sympathetic look.

"It's not you."

"Then what is it?"

"...Complicated."

"Humph."

Mrs. Days came up to us and whispered something to Jen, who whispered back. I looked at Jen, then her mom, annoyed.

"Hey, want to see my room?"

Immediately I brightened up and I nodded my head. She gestured for me to follow and she led me out of the kitchen...into the dining room...and up the spiral staircase. There were three doors, all on the right. The one closest to the stairs was green and said 'Stay Out!' the next one was yellow and blue. The last one was pale blue and mahogany.

Jen entered the blue and mahogany one. Inside there was a big couch, and a closet to the side, with two more doors beside the bed and closet: one was all mahogany, the other all pale blue. She opened the pale blue door.