A not so mess (C.E.)

This was one of the reasons I didn't want to join a sorority. The parties.

But when my best friend, Y/B/F and I got accept into our dream college, she convinced me to join one with her. And oh boy was I regretting this.

I crept my way through the sweaty bodies of drunk college students of this disgusting frat house that smelled too much of cheap beer and testosterone. I needed a way out.

I walked through the kitchens, full of more party-goers getting ready for round 4 of shots, and through the "formal" dining room which looked more like a trunk ran through it.

I finally found my way to the back patio and had a seat on the edge of the deck. Finally getting a moment of peace. Only a moment.

"Let me guess," I heard a voice behind me, "Party's really aren't your thing." I lightly smiled.

"How did you guess?" I asked sarcastically as I heard the persons foot steps approach me. They chuckled.

"Well, for starters, you're not actually in the party," he began, "next, you're dressed reasonably, not in clothes that just cover enough so you won't get arrested." I laughed, "And finally, from what I can tell, you're a little too beautiful to be in there."

"Wow," I began, "You've done this a few times haven't you." They laughed. Soon enough the man sat next to me. A tall, muscular man with beautiful brown hair. He couldn't have been more than a year older than me.

"Once or twice maybe." He smiled at me and I smiled back, "I'm Chris, by the way."

"Y/N," I began and we shook hands, "Nice to meet you."

"Likewise."

"Before we start anything," I began and he looked at me, eyebrow raised, "Don't expect to hook up with me. Because I am not doing that." Chris laughed.

"Yes Ma'am," he began, "I wasn't necessarily looking for that in the first place but I appreciate the boundaries."

We talked for an hour. A whole hour. And this dude was actually really nice. And attractive if I do say so myself. He was a year older than I was, a junior. He talked about his hopes and dreams of one day becoming an actor and how much he loves his family. All of which I admired greatly. "So what about you?" He began, "What do you want to do?"

"Well," I began and looked at the beautiful night sky, "I've always wanted to be a writer." I began, "I've always had a way with words. English has kinda been my subject. Children's writing is what I would go into. Telling cute little stories to cheer kids up." He smiled at me.

"I think you would be good at that."

"I think I would be too." We both lightly laughed

"I know we just met," he started, "but something feels right."

"I concur," I said and we laughed some more.

"Y/N!" I heard Y/F/N slur. Chris and I looked behind us.

"Oh no," I said and he chuckled.

"We're goinggggggg." She sang.

"Unfortunately, now is the time I must excuse myself to help my drunk friend home. And then later help her throw up." He chuckled.

"Here," he said, and retrieved a piece of paper from his pocket, writing something down, "call me." He smiled. I smiled back.

"I will." I grabbed in and put it in my pocket. Chris and I got up, and he slowly helped me assist her in my car.

"Designated driver I see." He told me as he shut Y/F/N door.

"More or less." He chuckled.

"I'll see you later?" He asked me.

"Yup," I responded.

(A/N: Part 2?)