Willing Fugitive (S.R.)

We were on the run. Again. It was Steve, Sam, Bucky, and I. Even though Steve and I have been together for 3 years, I was still shocked that I was willing to be on the run with them. Which is where the sleepness nights come into play.

"You're still up aren't you." I heard Steve's grainy voice next to me. It's 3 am, I've been staring at the ceiling for the past 4 hours of the motel we're staying at.

"Yeah." I managed to mumble out. I could feel and hear him move on his side as we both lay on top of the squeaky bed. He grabbed me and pulled me to him, nuzzling his face in my hair.

"What are you worried about?" His thick Brooklyn accent took.

"It's going to sound stupid but-" I began, "Getting caught." He sighed.

"I know doll." he said, "Just remain strong, okay?"

"Okay." I responded as he kissed me on the head.

.

It was the next morning. Our plan was to sneak onto the Avengers compound and "borrow" a Quinjet to head to Germany, where Clint and Wanda had supposedly picked up new recruits. After a long flight (that was at least somewhat shortened due to the speed of the jet) we arrived and headed to the parking garage. And there, low and behold, was Sharon Carter. She was what I would consider, well, a hoe. She had been trying to get a bite out of Steve for the past two years and despite his attempts to stop here, she continued. We were all sitting in a tiny car we managed to get our hands-on. Bucky was beside me in the back, Sam in the passenger seat. At least Sharon was getting us our gear back. That was one helpful thing she did.

"Who's she?" Bucky whisper-spoke.

"Sharon Carter." Sam said, no tone in his voice. He wasn't very fond of her either.

"Better known as a whore." I mumbled. Bucky looked at me and chuckled lightly. He and I had become surprisingly good friends since this whole situation started. Steve gave Sharon a light smile as she obviously swayed her hips back to her car to grab his attention. He got back in but noticed my scowl.

"I see someone's not happy." He said as he got into the car.

"It's not my fault she was practically eye-fucking you." I barely mumbled. Sam snorted as Bucky began chuckling.

"Excuse me?" he looked back in disbelief of my words.

"Nothing." I mumbled again and he rolled his eyes.

.

We eventually made it to the tarmac and suited up. I put on my skin-tight suit and got out there. Mine was a lot like Widow's, but it had read and silver seams. As we marched out Tony and his team appeared as well. After a short altercation, if you will, between Tony and Steve we were fighting. I had Widow, who wasn't the hardest to fight honestly. She and I had about the same level of skill, hers slightly better, but I had energy transformation. I know, it sounds weird. Basically I can take any human-produced energy around me to reheal myself. For example, if I get a papercut, I can look at a lightbulb that's turned on and use some of the energy to heal my cut within seconds. I can do it to others as well.

At one point it was Steve, Buck and I all running towards a jet hanger. We thought we had gotten away when Vision came to ruin the party. As we saw the rubble come falling down we ran like our lives depended on it (which they really did). We all got in and Steve took ahold of the craft as we left.

"How ya feeling Buck?" I asked and sat down next to him. 

"Nervous." He admitted. I nodded my head. I saw a few cuts on his head and decided to calm him a little more.

"Let me help with those." I told him. I used my powers to get them off his face and he gave me a smile, thanking me.

"Hey doll, Buck." Steve said coming into the back.

"Where are we going?" I inquired Steve.

"Russia. Then Wakanda." He responded.

"Waka what now?" I asked again and he lightly chuckled.

"Wakanda. That's where Buck will be most safe." I nodded.

After a difficult fight with Tony in an old Hydra base where Bucky was brainwashed. We were on our way to this Wakanda place. There, we dropped off Bucky and headed back to the states to pick up everyone. But we had a problem, they wanted to charge us all with a shit ton of crimes. And there was no way out of it.

After a day of near silence and pondering I finally spoke up, "Steve," I began and he focused his attention on me. "I- I'll take all the charges." I said looking down.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'll go to court for all of us."

"No." He responded firmly, "I've lost Buck, I'm sure as hell not losing you."

"I have to-" I began, "Someone has to."

"And it's not you."

"Steve it is."

"No, it's not-"

"Steve, this is my decision." I began, "You were there for me when I had fucking nothing. When everyone thought I was a psychopath and wanted to kick me off the team, you refused. You're the only person who knows about my shitty past, and you were the only one willing to listen. You're the only loyal person I've ever known, the only one I can trust. This is the least I can do to repay you." Tears were streaming down my face.

I could see his eyes getting glossy, "Y/N you don't have to."

"Steve, I want to." I said firmly. He nodded this time and a tear fell down his cheek. I walked over to him and grabbed his hand. He looked up and our eyes met. Then, I pressed my lips to his and cupped his cheeks as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

So, we made a quick pit stop. In New York. I hopped off and we went to the United Nations headquarters. He stopped me on the way out the jet, "I love you." He told me and our eyes met as he grabbed my hand.

"I love you too," I said before walking off.

I marched into the lobby and everyone stared at me in shock. I went up to the receptionist. "Y/F/N Y/L/N." I responded, "Turning myself in."