Journey Of Little Old Me

Hi. I'm Amir. Welcome to my journey on to Wattpad. Might as well start from the beginning. shall we?

One of my earliest memories is of my mom and my sister and I, reading together. I was four, my sister was two, and we would all snuggle up on the bed as my dad watched television in the other room. Mom would take out some small book - Poppleton, Brown Bear, et cetera - and start reading. She had this really even reading voice, that could put you to sleep like that *snaps fingers*, yet still keep the story entertaining.

Fast forward to second grade. My teacher asked us all to write memoir about something that happened recently. My grandmother - bless her, her mind wasn't as strong as it used to be - had ran away from home (don't worry, we found her in a matter of hours). I wrote about that, and got a ridonkulus amount of praise for my writing. I thought it was just the usual kiddie fawning back then, but rereading it now I could see I was doing pretty well for a seven year old.

The next year, I transfer to my sisters school. Now, my ASSIGNED reading level was an M. I was so bored with it, because I could do so much better. The teachers in my old school refused to boost me up. So, in the new school, I lied. I said I was P level. They tested me, and I passed it. From then on out it made accessing good books really easy for me.

After my fill of Harry Potter, The Hardy Boys, and Alex Rider, I knew that I would love writing my own stories. I had all these ideas swimming around in my head, but really now way to get them out. I had no access to online writing sites, and all of my notebooks were dedicated for another purpose. So, I started another series of book binges.

Around this time, school started to become a real problem for me, socially. As I started to read more books with adult themes, like The Dresden Files and some James Patterson, my vocabulary grew immensely. For a junior high kid, that automatically gave you the huge label of "NEEEEEEDERD" and didn't exactly go over well with the other students. Fortunately, I didn't mind. I'm not one to take offense lightly, and that combined with most of my attention dwelling on literature, I was my own shield.

Unfortunately, no matter how happy and oblivious I was, the teasing did kind of shoo away any friends I had. But that didn't bother me, either. I was content as ever with my books.

Around then, word of this new phone app called "Wattpad" came around. I heard it mostly from my sister and her friend, and looking over her shoulder, all I could see or hear was about One Direction fanfics and some guy named "Harry Styles". I just assumed it was an app that was designed for fanfiction and disregarded it completely.

In the eight grade, a couple of people I knew started talking to me about some books and doing a writing collaboration. I agreed, under the impression that between two people I could learn a ton, and on Google Documents we began our own collab story. Three POV's, a Superhuman, a Vampire, and me, a Wizard. it was great at first, but it became clear that I was the superior writer - at least in formatting and grammar - and couldn't really learn anything from them.

Next year, high school, clean slate. I became friendly with everybody there, and actual friends with some pretty cool people. One of them, towards the end of the year, told me about some hillarious story I had to read. He showed me on his cell phone, a story about an elf with a serious vanity issue. The almighty, "Questing Sucks!"

When I see what app it's on, I'm skeptical as all hell. I mean, Wattpad was a fanfic site for horny thirteen year old girls, right? Wrong. So, so wrong.

Then, I make my own account. I read some more of Parogar's work. In one of his chapters, out of the blue, he talks about some story by a lady named MajaDiana, called Draconian. I read it, am hit with a ball of impression, and then it hits me.

Hey, knucklehead. Maybe this is where you should start writing a story!

It took me about three seconds to pull up a list of ideas, and all of ten minutes to choose one. Thus, I started with Legend. But I wasn't satisfied.

All of the ideas in my head, they never get a chance. One trumps the other. All of them sounded awesome, so why does only one get the spotlight?

I decided that, in an effort to put all of my ideas on the platter, I would link them. Four stories, Legend, Afflicted, and two more that I haven't started writing yet. They would all get a chance. No story neglected. Even if it seems like it's abandoned, its just biding its time.

"Yesterday is history,
Tommorow is a mystery
But today is a gift -

That's why it's called the 'present'"

- Seriously? Kung Fu Panda? No?