Chapter Five-Road attack

Picture of foggy autumn road, right in the media section.

Warning: It is rated G for general audiences.

It is for all ages.

*

Sarah wished that the road wasn't foggy.

She let Brian touch her left breast with his gloved, right hand; she let him moan when they kissed. But they didn't get any further.

She jumped.

"What's wrong now?", Brian asked.

"Something is out there", she answered.

"Yeah, your Mum's on patrol. I hear she's got a daughter and boyfriend app. Shit, she...". The cold, bitter wind, gusted from the east.

"She thinks I wouldn't be knocked up".

"Yeah, boo-hoo".

And they continued kissing in his Dad's 1999 Ford that he got from America.

*

Three Megachiroptera bats flew in the Melbourne night. They seemed unfocused. Some of them seemed content to fly northward towards Geelong; some of them flew westward.

They weren't happy about Man's domain infringing on their domain.

The two didn't connect; they never connected.

And, just as the darkness continued to feed the thought that they could fly anywhere at will, the sound of sex filled their senses...

...And they flew to the car...

...Where the teenagers were.

*

Sarah heard them.

"Brian...".

"Yes!".

"Look!".

And he stopped kissing his girlfriend.

And he screamed as the Megachiroptera bats bit into his left cheek. Blood and flesh were plopping on the foggy ground; a gaping hole was seen in the hole, where muscles pumped into the body; blood and muscle pumped until the infection happened...

...And Brian died once the teeth of the bats tore into his face.

*

Sarah screamed.

She grabbed the driver's-side wheel of the car.

But, to her horror, the blood stained bats flew so fast she didn't have any time to react. She screamed for the final time, until they bit into her left face...and infected her, too. And, five more minutes' passed...before she, too, died.

*

Hall West, 17, was walking Pugger, his dog, when he gazed at the dead bodies.

He wore a red jumper, blue trousers, a black belt, brown socks, and black walking shoes on his feet.

His Rolex watch glistened in the late evening sky.

It was 10:43 PM when the Police were called...

...And the terror started all over again.

Page 6.