37 | chapter thirty-seven

Niklaus Wade

Niklaus Wade

"Stop throwing your fingernails at him before I rip your head off," Nash spits out firmly, his glare directed at Caspian who was moments from projecting the fingernail of his middle finger at me with his gaze directed at the screen of our television.

Glancing at Nash, Caspian adjusts himself from his previous lax position into an upright position and eyes sparkling with mischievous excitement; a look on his face that everyone was used to at this point.

"I can't even imagine how many germs are on them," Eros mumbles in disgust but ducks down in fear when Caspian shoots him a glare.

"He's right, you know. That's gross Caspian, poor Niklaus has to deal with you everyday," Hazel shakes her head with a judgmental look on her face, and sympathy in her voice as if I was a damsel in distress or Cinderella who was being picked on by one of her wicked step sisters.

Caspian rolls his eyes, hardly even looking at Hazel because she wasn't worth glaring at according to vibe that rolled off of Caspian. He looks at me and with a smile, tosses the fingernail in his hand at me.

"Niklaus knows that this is my way of showing my affection," Caspian says matter-of-factly, "besides, this is my house for Moon Goddess sakes. You guys can leave any time you want."

The pure, unfiltered wrath that rolled off of Nash led me to running my slender fingers through his dark brown locks of hair. It felt soft, almost like silk but not quite. My strokes eased his nerves and I felt him begin to grow calm and compliant as this was always Nash's ultimate kryptonite. He'd be as angry as the hulk one minute then transform into a sloth the next. Multiple weeks passed after our date, since then Nash has grown to be more gentle if that's even the proper term for it.

When it concerns me, Nash is explosive but not to the point where he's blinded by irrationality anymore. He's grown to the point where he's angry on my behalf and will snap the perpetrator in half if need be but has the capability of controlling it, something he wasn't good at in the beginning. He's been more patient, however he still keeps people at a distance. Something that I'm most proud of seeing is Nash's relationship with Elliot and Elijah.

Though they don't have the best relationship or the relationship that I have with them, Nash has warmed up to them in his own way. His relationship with Elliot wasn't horrible to begin with as he did confide in Elliot about me, but their interactions have gotten to the point where Elliot will carry an abundance of things and Nash will immediately jump up to help him.

Joking, Elliot would tease Nash and say that he isn't sticks and bones, and in response Nash would come up with a witty retort each and every time. The smile on both of their faces made me smile so hard to the point where I felt like the corners of my mouth would split apart. The most shocking thing about it all is Nash and Elijah. Never could I have ever imagined that Nash would sum up the ability to rebuild what had been broken between him and Elijah.