29 | chapter twenty-nine

Niklaus Wade

Niklaus Wade

                    I jerk with his next sudden outburst.

"Do you?!" He screams and I immediately shake my head repeatedly. He laughs but it's a cynical laugh, one with only malice and he clenches his first, "it involves a break in the bone at the base of the skull. The doctors say it's the most serious type of skull fracture and now Weston has bruises around his eyes and a bruise behind his ear that's permanent. He now has this disgusting clear fluid draining from his nose because of a tear in part of the covering of the brain or some shit like that. He requires close observation in the hospital, something that he has to deal with because he's not normal anymore and it's your fucking boyfriends fault!"

I flinch back but I can't help but ball my hands up into fists as I look at Aaron dead in the eyes. Weston has tormented me, abused me both verbally and physically since freshman year and he planned to continue his torture this whole year if it hadn't been for his hospitalization.

It made me a horrible person for even thinking this but I don't care. Weston deserved it, this was apart of his own karma so who was I to feel bad? If he lived as a decent human being then maybe this wouldn't have happened to him, maybe he would be in school being the 'normal' person Aaron wanted him so badly to be. Just the fact that Aaron thought of people who were hospitalized or didn't function in the way that society says that people should function in is disgusting. Disabilities or complications didn't make you any less "normal," and I don't say this to defend Weston either because I don't feel sorry for him.

Why was I to be at fault? Why was Nash to be at fault? Sure, he shouldn't have used his Alpha strength but maybe Weston should've kept his lips shut in the first place. If he had then he wouldn't be in the hospital but I couldn't say any of the things I wished to say because I wasn't able to talk.

It was moments like this, and many other, that I felt the desperate urge to speak. I know that it's better that I can't speak because if I did Aaron would beat me up, not like he wasn't going to do that anyway. I gaze at him with a glare on my face and with utter defiance, my posture straight and void of any type of fear. I was going to get beat up so it didn't matter anyways so I opened my mouth to mouth what I wanted to say to him.

"I don't care," I mouth.

This confidence hit me with force and I could attribute that to Nate who was furious but it was leftover hurt and anger from Nash.

"I don't know what the hell you just tried to say but it won't matter because you'll be hospitalized just like Weston if not worse in a few minutes," he cracks his knuckles with a careless look on his face, "we'll see how Gnashton likes it."