13

"No, Edward! All you've done is make things worse. Meeting you was the worst part of my life," Nova shouts as she runs out of the Cullens house and into Alice's car. She senses the tracking vampire near them, so she puts on an extra line, "I hate you."

She hops into the driver's seat and pulls out of the place, with Alice laying in the backseat with Jasper. She locks eyes with Edward who looks at her painfully before trudging back into the house.

A little while ago, Nova had filled the Cullens in on her plan. It involved her driving towards her home again. Her very first home. Well at least, what was left of it.

"This is very interesting." Alice says as they sit in the half broken down house.

"It's the only place I know." Nova shrugs before a phone call comes through. Alice answers it and hands it to Nova, "It's for you."

"Hello?"

"Nova? Nova! Where are you?" The voice sent shivers down her spine. Talia.

"I'm home." She replies as another voice takes over, "That's nice to hear. Wouldn't you like to save your mother, Nova? You know where I am. Find me."

"Who was it?" Alice asks as she and Jasper come back from making rounds.

"A friend. I'm gonna use the bathroom really quick. Could you two please grab some food for me? I'll be fine for a few minutes." Nova says and they nod.

"Just call my number if you need us." Alice says before leaving with Jasper.

"Don't worry, no one will think to come to a burned down house." Nova says, watching them leave before jumping onto her bicycle. Her broken down one. She pedals quickly to her old dance studio where she would take lessons with her sisters.

"Deaton, I have a question for you," Nova begins as she gets closer to the building, "What else can my screams do?"

"You can learn to control it to where you can move objects, break things, etc. Also, did you know that your bloodline connects to Egypt?"

"That's great. Alright, I need you to keep the wolves out of the older part of town, please."

"They're all on vacation anyways."

"Perfect."

Nova hangs up just as she arrives, and looking up, she grimaces at what she was about to do. Hopefully, she can actually do this.

The building still looked pretty good given it had been a while since it was closed. The bright pink bricks still shone against the setting sun. The plan she had explained to the Cullens was only half of what she intended to do. She wanted to also see how much of her newfound powers could be put to use.

"You came alone," the cringe worthy voice says in amusement from under the shadows of the pillars. Nova shivers slightly and stands up straighter, "I came to rescue my mother."

"Adoptive mother, am I right?"

Nova nods and the blonde steps forward into a narrow streak of light, his eyes dark with hunger, "My name is James. It's nice to meet you. Properly. At least, before I kill you, we can be friends. Though, I prefer my prey to be terrified."

Nova circles the vampire, taking in his features before stopping behind him, "Shall I humor  you with a scream?"

James smirks and turns around, "That would definitely add to the thrill except the last time you screamed, you threw me deep into another state. So perhaps, you shouldn't be talking at all."

Within moments, James had his hand over Nova's throat, stopping the airflow completely. Her heart gasps for breath while her brain starts to falter in its productivity. She could feel herself losing grip of her life.

James throws Nova against the glass mirrors, earning groans of pain from her. Her heart beats fast as she tries to dial Edward's number. Except the phone is taken from her hand and all she is left with is a broken leg. The affect of breaking her leg, however, sent a spine chilling scream out into the world. One, which, a certain someone would hear and know exactly what to do.

"Nova!" Nova glances up to see the copper hair she loved to ruffle her hands through just in time before James bit into her hand.

A pain engulfs her hand, but it wasn't a burning sensation that Edward had explained to her. No, it tingled. Much like how your foot feels when it falls asleep.

"The bite from Peter hurt, but what shocked me was that as I lay in a coma from loss of blood, my body felt like how your foot feels when it falls asleep. Numb and tingling." Lydia says to Nova as they lay on the pink bed. Nova turns to her friend, "They say you're immune, but there's something different about you, isn't there?"

"I can feel it. It's like heightened my senses somehow, but in a dark, mysterious way. I can't put my finger on it just yet."

That's what Lydia meant. The numb, tingling sensation. Nova couldn't keep her eyes open, her body felt weak, tired. She could her voices telling her to stay awake, but she couldn't. She couldn't breathe. It's like the last scream knocked out all the air she had in her lungs. All she could sense now was silence, a timid silence.