She is the Golden Globes.

*This story is based on the 2020 Golden Globes award show.*

"How straight does your hair need to be?" Jay walks over to his wife impatiently.

She always took forever to get ready. Even for a simple date night, it never failed. It made no difference if she started her glam an hour or two hours early. Still late.

"Boy, if you don't move before Neal burns my scalp..." Bey swats him away. He was watching Neal, giving him a friendly side-eye to tell him to speed it up.

"I'm just saying... we're already late," Jay shrugged.

"Fashionably late!" Bey corrected him." Besides... I'd rather stay home with my babies," she pouted.

"You do this every time. It's only a couple of hours!" Jay said.

It was another 30 minutes of waiting for Bey, and finally, she was dressed and ready to leave.

"Ohhh, I like that!" Jay spoke with his heavy Brooklyn accent as he eyed his wife. He always compliments her, but it never gets old. Each time made her blush, and this time was no different.

"Thanks, babe!" Bey chuckled.

On their way to the venue, Jay noticed his wife's silence. He could tell that she was anxious.

"You good Bey?" Jay asked while grabbing her hand.

"I'm not winning a damn thing," Bey said to herself as she looked out the window.

A part of her was so excited about winning her first Golden Globe. She mentally rehearsed her acceptance speech. That quickly disappeared during the car ride when she reminded herself of how she's been constantly snubbed from these predominantly white award shows, especially in non-urban categories.

"I'm fine!" She lied to her husband. Bey would remain silent for the rest of their journey. Jay decided not to probe her.

They finally arrived, making them officially an hour late. Yvette was standing in the doorway with her black dress on.

Julius opened the door for the couple. Bey watched Jay hand him two bottles of Ace of Spade that he must've snuck in the escalade.

"No, you didn't!" Bey grinned at the two men.

"I'm drinking my shit, not theirs!" Jay replied. The three of them all started laughing as they began to walk into the building.

This helped change Bey's mood. She went from feeling sorry for herself to feeling sorry for them because she no longer gave two fucks.

"Hey, you'll!" Yvette greeted the couple.

"Hey!" Both Jay and Bey hugged her.

"We're going to follow him!" Yvette pointed to the tall white man beside her, ready to escort them.

They maneuvered through the crowd until they were stopped by security.

"They can't sit until the next commercial break!" The guy told Yvette. "You can stand here, and I'll make sure you get to your seat," he assured Bey and Jay.