Jar of Hearts

I am writing this one shot inspired by two things.

1.) @JeddieJay and "The Confessions of a Gay Disney Prince"

2.) Christina Perri's song "Jar of Hearts"

Part 6 of the "One Shot Song Series"

--------------------

(Sarah Evans, Louis Tomlinson, and Harry Styles are sitting in a diner, Harry and Louis are eating but Sarah is just drinking coffee)

Louis: (Wipes his mouth and takes a deep breath) "He's back."

Harry: (He doesn't look up from his food, he mutters through his teeth) "Louis!"

Sarah: (Ignoring Harry) "What?!"

Louis: (Stuttering and nervous) "Uh... Zayn, he-he's back. He moved back to-to London."

Harry: (Still muttering, but to himself) "Shit, shit, shit, shit."

Sarah: (Forced laugh) "Ha! Very funny Lou. Stop playing jokes and eat your breakfast."

Louis: (He gulps) "I-I'm not kidding."

Harry: "Oh my god."

Sarah: "No, no!" (Distressed) "NO! He can't be!"

Harry: (Chuckles nervously) "Okay, that's enough Lou."

Louis: (Hits Harry in the arm) "And-and... He was asking around for you."

Harry: "Ouch!"

Sarah: (She pales and opens and closes her mouth, unable to speak, the she talk quietly, almost brokenly) "No."

Louis: (He nods grimly) "Sorry."

Sarah: "No."

Harry: "You broke her!"

Louis: (To Harry, bitter) "No that was Zayn."

Harry: "Louis! Don't say stuff like that!"

Louis: "Right, sorry."

Sarah: "L-look. I have to go... somewhere-away from here."

Harry: "Wait! Sarah!" (But she is already standing up and walking away, shakily putting on her jumper and exiting out into the London rain)

-

(Sarah is walking through a park, umbrella in hand, forcing herself not to cry, she sits down on a bench and someone sits beside her)

Liam: "Hello."

Sarah: "Don't talk to me Liam."

Liam: "I just wanted to engage in some friendly conversation."

Sarah: "Well, guess what? I don't want to talk to you."

Liam: "Zayn wants to see you," (Sarah flinches) "he has missed you."

Sarah: "Bullshit."

Liam: (Smirking) "Cursing isn't ladylike"

Sarah: "Fuck you."

Liam: "I suspect that Niall is the influence behind that."

Sarah: "No really Liam. Just fucking leave me alone."

Liam: "Whatever, but Zayn will see you again."

-

(Sarah is on her laptop is a tiny cafe, sitting cross-legged in the back corner, glasses on and tea in hand, the waiter comes over and gives her a slip of paper)

Waiter: "Some guy told me to give this to you."

Sarah: (Takes the paper from him) "Thanks." (She opens the paper) "Nice spot, be there soon. Love you, xx. Well that's delightfully creepy."

Zayn: "Really?" (She gasps) "I thought it was romantic!"

Sarah: "Why are you here?"

Zayn: (He sits down across from her) "I wanted to see you! I've missed you babe."

Sarah: "Nope. Don't babe me. You do not get to babe me."

Zayn: "Ok, listen, I was thinking we-"

Sarah: (Interrupts him) "No. Zayn, you don't get to just waltz back in here. When you left you left for good, no discussion about it. You broke my heart. You took a piece with you when you left, and every time I tried to put it back together I couldn't do it because one piece would always be missing. I learned to live half alive. Then I finally came back to life, while you went on collecting you jar of hearts. You... you are the most evil, rude, psychotic son of a bitch I have ever met. And I am sorry I fell in love with you. But newsflash Zayn, I fell out of love."

Zayn: "I can make you fall back in love, I've changed. I swear."

Sarah: "Bullshit. Zayn, there is a corner store a couple of blocks from here you might want to check it out, because you are going to catch a cold form the ice inside your soul." (Sarah starts packing up her bag)

Zayn: "Sarah, please."

Sarah: "Who do you think you are? Because in my book your dead. You are dead to me." (She finishes packing up her bag and starts walking out the door)

Zayn: "No wait! Please!"

Sarah: "Dead!"

Zayn: "Please, babe!"

Sarah: (Screaming) "DEAD!"