Stay High

I am writing this one shot inspired by two things.

1.) @JeddieJay and "The Confessions of a Gay Disney Prince"

2.) Tove Lo' song "Stay High (Habits Remix)"

Part 3 of the "One Shot Song Series"

---------------

Niall and Zayn are at Zayns new house, smoking weed in the very secluded backyard)

Niall: "It's all bullshit!"

Zayn: (Distressed) "Why were we put through this?"

Niall: "Why is homophobia a thing?"

Zayn: (He takes a hit, and slowly blows out the smoke before replying) "I miss Liam."

Niall: "We all can see that."

Zayn: "I don't understand why he won't try a relationship." (He gets up and starts pacing)

Niall: (Saddened) "I'm sorry."

Zayn: "It's fucking bullshit Ni, bullshit."

Niall: "He just doesn't want what happened with Louis and Harry to happen."

Zayn: "He is making it happen."

Niall: "He is trying, Zayn."

Zayn: "I know." (Angry, shouting) "Don't you think I fucking know?"

Niall: "He wishes you would stop smoking."

Zayn: (Scoffs) "Fucking hypocrite!"

Niall: (Confused) "What?"

Zayn: "He would shotgun with me. He would fucking beg me to shotgun with him. He loved it, he wanted it, he craved it."

Niall: "Oh."

Zayn: "He is the reason I do smoke anyway. I get high to try and get him off my mind, it doesn't work. So I add cigarettes and alcohol. Basically a big bowl of "I'm Killing Myself, and My Career". He is the reason I am constantly having one night stands. I can't sleep alone. That's why I toss and turn so much on the tourbus!"

Niall: "Oh wow."

Zayn: (Quiet and slightly broken) "I need someone there to numb the pain."

Niall: "Mate..." (He trails off unsure of what to say)

Zayn: (He stops pacing, and looks at the floor) "I don't know what to do anymore." (He pauses, and sniffles) "I just don't understand why he won't try!" (Getting angry) "Why? Why? Why won't you try?" (He starts yelling(at Liam), and pacing again) "I thought you loved me! I fucking loved you!"

Niall: (Softly) "Oh, Zayn."

Zayn: (He stops pacing and turns to the wall of the house) "Asshole!" (He leans against the wall, now quiet) "Why? Why won't you try? I miss you." (He quiet for a moment, then he turns and slides down the wall) "I thought he loved me Ni."

Niall: "He does." (He hands the joint to Zayn who gratefully accepts it and take a large drag)

Zayn: (He doesn't even bother to exhale the smoke, he just starts talking) "Then why is he doing this to me?"

Niall: "Because he loves you."

Zayn: "That's really fucked up logic."

(They are quiet for a moment, as the pass the joint back and forth)

Niall: "Do you have any cigarettes?"

Zayn: (He nods and pulls out a pack) "You owe me one."

Niall: "I fucking gave you my weed!"

Zayn: (He rolls his eyes and hands Niall a cigarette) "Whatever."

Niall: (Sarcastic)"Stay high."

Zayn: "Yea," (weakly) "stay high all the time."