CHAPTER 6

nini pov -

i told kourtney everything that happened with gina, ej, and ricky and it was clearly a lot for her to handle.
"nini, this is a big deal. ricky clearly broke up with gina for a reason. and the reason HAS to be that he still likes you."
"he said that's not why when i was in the office."
"clearly he was lying." kourt says.
i think about it for a second as kourtney does her work and i wonder if maybe he could've been lying...

ricky pov -

i walk into my class after going to see nini and take my seat.
"where were you mr.bowen?" my teacher asks me.
"i was checking up on a friend in the nurses office. sorry sir. it won't happen again."
"it better not." he replies.
i wondered if nini was back in class or if she went home. i decide to get out my phone and text her.

text to nini: hey, are you still at school or did you go home?

she replies a few minutes later saying she was still in school and everything was okay. it made me happy that she replied. i honestly didn't expect her to.

*after school*

i walk out of school and start to head home. i was excited to see my mom today but sad because she was leaving in a couple days. i got home a few minutes later and walk in. i ask my dad if he could drive me to where mom was staying and he said yes so i go upstairs and put my backpack down. as i'm getting ready to leave my room my phone dings causing me to look down at my hand. it was a number i didn't recognize. the text read -

hey ricky, this is brian, your moms boyfriend. sadly, i had a family emergency and your mom had to leave salt lake city. she will come visit again soon. i'm sorry.

i read the text and my jaw drops. BOYFRIEND? ALREADY? sounds like someone i know. god, i'm so mad i'm dissing nini. not good. really not good. i walk downstairs and tell my dad what the text says.

"i'm sorry son." he says.
"it's fine dad, i'll get over it. i just can't believe she didn't tell me."' i say.
"i know, it sucks." he replies.
i walk up to my room and sit on my bed. i start playing on my phone to try and get my mind off things but it's not working. i start thinking about nini and how much i regret lying to her in the nurses office today. i should've just told her i still like her.

nini pov -

i walk into my living room when i got home and explained to my moms what happened at school with gina. they flipped out and wanted to tell the school to do something about gina but i told them to not.
"sweetie, this is a big deal. we need to call the school."
"no adults were around when it happened and no one knows besides ej, gina obviously, and ricky."
"ricky? why ricky?" my mom asks.
"he came into the nurses office today and checked on me. ej told him what happened." i say.
"how are you and ej?"
"oh.. uhh... i broke up with him today."
"omg, nini. why? we thought you were so happy!" my mom asks.
"i was but then i wasn't. it all happened so fast."
"why do you think you became unhappy?"
"i haven't really figured that out yet." i say.
"any ideas?" my mom asks.
"ummm... not really. i'll figure it out soon i guess."
i start to walk up to my room trying to figure out why i could've gotten so unhappy so fast...

ricky pov -

it's been 2 hours and i'm still sitting on my bed, looking off into space. i miss nini. i really do but i don't know how to tell her. it's driving me crazy. all of a sudden big red walks in my room causing me to jump.
"what are you doing here?" i ask him.
"just wanted to come over. i was bored. i texted you and said i was coming over."
"no you didn't."
i look down at my phone to see a text from big red saying he was coming over.
"oh- i guess you did."
"what have you been doing? why didn't you see it? your phone is right next to you."
"i've just been thinking."
"about?" he asks me.
"just stuff. i don't know. my mom has a new boyfriend."
"woah, already? what's his name?"
"exactly what i said, and brian!"
"sooo.. are you gonna tell me what you've been thinking about orrrr?"
"just stuff big red."
"are you sure it's just stuff?"
"OMG I WAS THINKING ABOUT NINI, MY GOD BIG RED."
"i knew it. why?"
"i don't know. i lied to her today and regret it. i feel like i should've just told her i still like her."
"YES YOU SHOULD." big red shouts.
"big red, shutup. jesus christ."
"no, i know you miss her!"
"okay, you don't have to yell about it."
"CLEARLY I DO TO GET YOU TO REALIZE YOUR FEELINGS."
"okay, fine. i miss her, i still like her, and i wanna get back together with her."
"finally." he says.

nini pov -

"moms, can we talk?" i ask.
"yeah honey, of course."
i sit on the couch not knowing how to word what i have to say. i breath in and out a few times not knowing if i want to admit it.
"what's wrong honey?" one of my moms say.
"i'm not really sure how to say this."
"wait, did you figure out why you became so unhappy with ej?"
"i think so."
"okay, what is it? i know it may be hard to admit whatever it is but you'll feel better once you do."
"okay here goes nothing."

*FLASHBACK* nini pov - (right before ricky and nini started dating)

"nini, dinners ready." i hear my moms say from downstairs.
"coming." i say finishing up my text to ricky bowen. we've been friends for about two months now. i walk downstairs and sat in my seat at the dinner table. i guess i looked TOO happy so my moms ask me -
"are you okay?"
"yeah, i'm perfectly fine." i say, smiling VERY big.
"are you sure?"
"yeah. i promise."
"why are you smiling so big? i mean i love it but there has to be something going on." my mom says.
"moms, i promise i'm okay. i don't know if i want to talk about it yet."
"okay, well whenever your ready."
"okayyy, fine! i think i like ricky bowen."

*END OF FLASHBACK*

nini pov continued -

"go ahead honey." one of my mom says.
i can feel myself sweating as i was about to tell my moms what i was feeling...

word count - 1153

𝑐𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑓ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟! 𝑖 ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑢𝑦𝑠 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟. 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 7 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑜𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑤!! 𝑎𝑙𝑠𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑎𝑑𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑦 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑏𝑟𝑎𝑟𝑦!! 𝑘𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑣𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 ❤️.