CHAPTER 5

gina pov -

i start walking towards the library. as i walk in i see nini and ej sitting happily at a table near the computers. i start to walk over not knowing what i'm gonna do next.
"oh hey-." i punch her before she could finish.
"omg gina stop." ej says as i continue to punch her.

ej pov -

i was supposed to be meeting up with nini in the library today before class so i start to walk over there. i walk in and don't see nini so i take the two coffees in my hand and walk over to a table in the corner by the computers. i wait for about 5 minutes and then nini walks in and comes over to sit.
"oh hey babe." i say.
"heyyy." she says.
"here you go. black coffee." i say happily.
"aweee, thanks ej." she says, taking the coffee.
we sat for a few minutes and then she said "we need to talk."
"okay about what?" i ask.
"i really don't want to do this but i feel like it's best."
"nini..."
"ej, we need to break up."
"nini, why?"
"i just can't do this anymore. it's what's best. i promise."
"i understand nini. it hurts but i understand."
"i'm sorry ej."
"it's fine nini, i promise. it's just not our time."
as we finish up the conversation gina comes over. nini was about to say hey when gina punched her in the face, something i never expected from her especially not to nini.
"omg gina stop." i say trying to break it up.
nini started to hit back so i attempted to break it up since there was no adults around. they finally stop and nini looks up at me. i look at her and see that she has a bloody nose and a black eye.
"that's what you get. ricky broke up with me because of you and you don't even seem to care considering you're over here with your boyfriend." gina says.
"GINA. go away. also if you needed to know we just broke up." i say in return as she starts to walk off.
"we need to get you to the nurse, nini."
i say, worried. she holds onto me as we make our way out of the library and down the hall to the nurse. we walk into the office.
"i need a nurse, please."
a nurse comes out and takes nini from me.
"you'll be okay nini." i say.
"you can go. we got this from here." the nurse says.
i walk out of the nurses office and as i'm about to turn the corner i run into ricky.

ricky pov -

i'm walking to class still upset from what happened with nini as i see ej come out of the nurses office. he seemed fine so i ask him "why were you in the nurses office?"
"ricky... it's nini. gina came into the library and started hitting her and they had a big fight. apparently it was about you breaking up with her for nini."
"WHAT? um- i- no that's not why." i say, stunned.
"we broke up, ricky. it's fine." he says, causing me to smile.
"oh okay, well what's wrong with her? is she hurt??" i ask, a worried look on my face.
"she has a bloody nose and a black eye."
"omg... nini." i say, upset.
"she'll be okay ricky."
i walk away from ej and run into the nurses office asking to see nina roberts.
"can i see nini? she came in here a couple minutes ago with a bloody nose and a black eye."
"this isn't a hospital. this is a school. you can't just come visit someone. get to class" the front desk lady says to me, scolding.
"please. you have to let me see her. i'm really worried."
the lady shakes her head no at me. angry, i walk back to find nini anyway. when she looked away i went to prevent her from seeing me. i walk past all the rooms in the office and finally i see nini in one. i walk in. she's sitting on a chair holding her nose. she looks up and realizes it's me.
"ricky?" she says.
"hey- uh- i just wanted to check on you. ej told me what happened. i'm really sorry."
"it's okay ricky. it isn't your fault gina is a psychopath." she says, making me chuckle.
i go over and sit down beside her.
"so why'd you ACTUALLY break up with gina? cause i know it wasn't what she told me."
"what did she tell you?" i ask.
"that you broke up with her to date me again. but clearly she just misunderstood. that could never happen again." she says, laughing.
"oh- uh- yeah. haha. totally not the reason. but, why did you and ej break up?"
"i just felt like it wasn't right anymore. i don't know why to be honest. i haven't really figured that out yet." she says.
"oh... well when you do tell me... i mean uh you can talk to me about it if you want."
"okay, ricky." she says, chuckling.
"i hope you feel better." i say.
i get up and walk out sneaking past the front desk lady and making my way down the hall. i'm an idiot for thinking that i could date nini again. she'll never like me again. i broke her heart.

*FLASHBACK* nini pov -

"nini... i think we should break up." he says to me causing my heart to drop.
we had met up at a coffee shop because he wanted to talk about something.
"ricky... no."
"nini, our relationship is completely unhealthy at this point. all we do is argue."
"i know but i love you."
"i love you too and i've tried to get this to work but it's not. i'm sorry but this is for the best." he says.
i look at him teary eyed wondering why this has to happen to me. the boy i love with all my heart breaks it.
"i'm sorry nini. you know we tried." he says.
"i know ricky.. maybe it's best."
"yeah, we can find new people and be happy." he says.
"yeah, totally." i say, as he gets up and walks out.
who am i kidding? i didn't want to find someone new. i was heartbroken and still in love.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

nini pov -

"ow, it really hurts." i say as the nurse touches my nose.
i feel like i've been in this dumb room for 2 days but in reality it's only been an hour. i guess ricky coming in made it a little more interesting.
"okay, honey. i think you're all good." the nurse says as she finishes wrapping my nose up.
"okay, thank you. soo.. can i go to class or no?"
"yeah you can but make sure you are careful."
"okay thanks." i say as i grab my bag, walk out of the room, down the hallway, and out of the office. it's time
for 3rd period so i make my way to class. i walk into my class not looking forward to facing kourtney looking like this. i walk over to my seat.
"omg what happened nini?" kourt asks me.
"umm... it's a long story."
"then you better start talking." she replies, ready to hear what i have to say.

word count - 1231

ℎ𝑜𝑝𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑛𝑗𝑜𝑦𝑒𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟!! 𝑖 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑝𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 6 𝑒𝑖𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑜𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑜𝑟 𝑡𝑜𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑤!!