Chapter 9

Austin's POV

Its been a month now and Maxine looks like she's about to pop. Turns out Jackson and Jessica are really mates so they moved into the alpha house. Lauren's pack didn't like what she did and banished her, for they believe attempting to change the moon goddesses plan's will curse them. The pack has been getting bigger and bigger weighing stress on me also my first born will be here soon. Currently Maxine and I were at Home Depot, we're remodeling the pack house and our house. We need to "freshen" things up Maxine says.

"I think the nursery needs to be a light Teal, its a unisex color so either way it'll look good if its a boy or girl room" Maxine says looking at a color paper.

She's so beautiful. Before we even knew we where mates people talked about the moon goddess blessing her with beauty and a body that shows fertility. My peers wanted to be her mate for that reason, I'm so happy she's mine.

"How about a light gray" I say

"Seems so sad though" she says

"How about doing both colors in stripes or patters" a lady helping us from earlier

"That's a good idea" Maxine says

It really was though. Maxine looked at me with her big brown eyes.

"What you think?" She says

"Let's do it" I say

"Alright I recommend this paint, its easy to clean and won't scuff." The worker said picking up this expensive ass paint

Maxine looked at me with those pleading eyes

"Fine, we'll take it" I say

"OK and do you want the rest of the colors from this brand to?" The lady asks

Maxine nudges me hard and nods yes. We follow her to the register.

"$367.36" the lady says. I almost pass out.

I swipe the card. This is going to kill me. I look to see Maxine wobbling to us. I load the buckets onto the rack taking them to the truck.

"Babe do you need help?" She asks

"No just sit there and be pregnant" I say smiling at her and in return she flashes her million dollar smile back with her sunglasses on.

I go open the door for Maxine and help her in and leave out.

"We should stop at carters" Maxine says. And well she did have a point

I nod and pull up at chick-fil-a.

"Omigosh I love you" she says

Ever since she's been pregnant all she wants is chick-fil-a. I order her usual and get a #1 for me.

I pull up to the window to see..Lauren!!

"Oh my fuck!" She says. She looks at Maxine and her swollen belly

"Ummm take the damn money" I say shoving the money in her face.

"I have noth-" I cut her off by speeding up to the next window and getting our food.

"Damn she talks a lot" Maxine says while shoving some cheesecake in her mouth.

We ride around town some more to eat our food and then we went to carters. We bought stuff that will look good for a girl or a boy. I really hope we have a boy. After carters we went to this baby store to look at cribs and strollers. We ended up buying a crib. We went to go pay some bills, went grocery shopping, good little errands like that. It felt so nice to get out the house from the pack just do normal people stuff but, its expensive and it gets boring after a while. We pull up the pack house and some members help grab the paint. I grab our stuff as Maxine wobbles into the pack house, her wobble is funny, she goes side to side while she sucks her butt in. I go up stairs to our wing of the house but before I make it to our side I hear Jackson and Jessica mating again. I set the stuff down in my child's future room. I walk back to the pack house to see about half of the pack gathered around drinking beer, laughing, sharing times, dancing. I look over to see Maxine talking to Jessica. I smile at her and she winks back. I walk over to my mother and father who are cuddling eachother.

"Hey son" my father says

"Hey father" I say sitting down beside him

"Ready to be a father?" He asks taking a swig from his beer

"I'm scared for them, what happens if I turn out to be a "cool" dad like you" i say

My father rolls his eyes

"Well let's hope they aren't horrible like you were" he says

"I doubt that Maxine will keep them in check, trust me" my mother says butting in. She did have a point with that.

I can see Maxine acting like a black mama. I think that's what my mom meant. Maxine walks over and sits on my lap.

"Ow my legs" I say. Maxine smacks me upside the head

"Watch it" she says

"Yes mam" I say

"Haha she got you whipped" my dad says

"No he's trained" she buts in kissing my cheek before I could say something.

"Wait until your not pregnant anymore" I mind linked her

"Well I guess we'll have to wait" she minded back

"Well I'm going to bed because this baby is killing me" Maxine says getting up and hugging my mom.

"Yeah I'm going to go to" I say getting up kissing my mothers cheek and hugging my dad.

"Ok sweeties good night" my mom says

Maxine and I walk back to our house. She stretches and goes in the living room. I follow her and she turns on the tv. I lay down and then she gets on my other side, this is the regular routine everyday. Then one of us falls asleep so we wake one another up. We get ready for bed, I lay down she massages my back and then we spoon with my hands on her belly. That's or normal daily life..