Chapter 1

"Your new alpha, Austin Earlie" the now former pack alpha said smiling at his son. Everyone claps and stands up. We knew he was cold and can get very aggressive at times but hey, look at his father. We sit down and I take a sip of my wine. I took over my parents duty 2 days ago as Sentinel, the pack's healer and medicine. It started to get hectic a day ago when rogues came on our territory but we're a powerful pack that holds 50 members. I wondered who Austin's mate was, they say it's the Beta's daughter of the Lunar pack, she's a blonde who is supposably an ally offering so the two clans can come together.

I'm a black girl with a really curvy muscular body and full lips, I'm 5'5 with small hands and feet. My hair is really curly and reaches my waist. Pack members know not to mess with me for I'm someone who doesn't take shit but I have a very caring motherly side to that likes to help. My wolf form Scarlet acts like me but she's medium sized, muscular with green eyes while mine are grey and she has gray fur.

"Maxine!" My father says snapping his fingers in front of me.

"Yes!" I say snapping out of my trance.

"It's over you've been daydreaming for 30 minutes" he says with a worried expression.

"Oh" I say yawning. I get up and grab my stuff and hug my parents goodbye. I walk up to my studio in the pack house and get in the shower, washing my body and hair before getting out. I put on some panties and a tank top and go to bed.

The next morning I wake up and get dressing up in a black Cami and a Aztec printed cardigan, orange skinny jeans and some black toms. I walk down to the kitchen and smell food cooking. I see the elders cooking huge portions and go sit in the dining area. I walk over to my friend Jessica, a Burnett with a bubbly personality and she's always been loyal to me.

"Maxybabe!" She yells running and hugging me even though I seen her last night.

"What's up Jessilessi!" I say sitting down and doing our little shake.

"Ughh so much so you know I've been training the young and there so hyper I just want to bite their ears off and tell them to sit down!!" She says. You see Jessica is a professional hunter and the pack turns to her for help.

"And did you hear, blonde slut is coming today" she says with annoyance.

I personally didn't care about her as long as she didn't fuck up my things. "Well it's whatever" I say watching the breakfast come out. I pile my plate full of food and chow down. It took me exactly 10 minutes to eat. I clean up my mess and tell Jessica I'll see her later.

I go to my new office and sit down looking at herbs I could use. I always wanted to open a shop with different herbs, spices, tea, and natural plant medicines. I have my associates in health and medicine. 4 female pack members came in and got I gave them an ultrasound and some more herbal tea. I had to give some checkups along. One pup had a flu. It was normal things until the Austin the alpha came in. "Umm hey, Maxine right?" He says looking at me with his blue eyes. It felt like I need those eyes on me. "

Yes what's wrong, are you hurt?"

"Well the attack yesterday with the rogues, one scratched me pretty deep on my back. I woke up this morning and it looks infected"

"Well could you take off your shirt and sit on my stool" I say pulling up my stool.

I watch him take off his shirt showing his hard body. I examine his back and pull out some leeches.

"What I'm going to do is use these leeches to take the toxin out then I'm going to clean it up and put this salve on it, okay" I say. He nods as he slumps. I put 2 leeches on him and go grab the materials in a grinding bowl. It takes me 20 minutes to make the salve. I walk up and take the leeches off of him and put them on a metal plate before cleaning up his marks and rubbing the salve on his back. It covered his entire back diagonally. I started rubbing it slow until Scarlet started screaming "ALPHAS YOUR MATE!!!" I stop