chapter 1 (part 1)

please tell me what you think, it means so much... and lets me know if im doing good or not :)

-------------------

It was one of those night, I just couldn’t sleep. Even at that hour of the night, the domestics where buzzing around, as if they were bees in a nest. I might have only had 5 years of age, but definitely was smarter than the average boy, he was planning on doing it soon. He was going to hit again, and not with any weakness this time. He had already attacked and taken over many countries such as Spain, Italy and Greece. Their rulers where killed, leaving their children as orphans. They were suppose to die as well, but Mother had convinced him otherwise, that was quite a while ago, when she was still with us. Fortunately for them, when she was on her deathbed, she made Father promise he would never harm any of the captives. My brothers and I knew only that, we did not know what he had done with them or if he even kept his promise. We all felt terrible knowing he was such a cruel man, a man who wanted power and more power. We were anything but proud, more like disgusted that he could do this to them, and the worst part? Well we were but mere children, but knew much better than he. How could we be related? A mystery, a true mystery. And so like all the times before, I made my way to the library to find myself a book, one I would truly enjoy. No one ever paid attention to me, so sneaking was never necessary. I was the youngest and the smallest, hardly anyone cared about me, it’s not as if I would be heir to the throne! But of course, things never really go as planned, do they?

And so as I was making my way to what felt like my true home, he saw me.

“Luke! What are you doing my boy? Out of bed at this hour of the night? It better be important!”

“Well Father, you see a couldn’t sleep so I was going to…”

“Enough! No excuses, I want you in your apartments this instant! It is far too dangerous for you out here… on the other hand, it might better if you come and see me. Quick gather your brothers and make your way to my suites, I wish to talk with all of you.”

“Yes Father, I will hurry.” I said as I walked away.

As I made my way to my brothers rooms I couldn’t help but wonder what was happening. What could we possibly need to see? Not only did he want my brothers to be present but ME as well? This was very rare, whatever it was, it had a fundamental importance for it to possibly include the entire family. All I could do was hope that it wasn’t anything too serious.