twenty.

20|HER

"Chase Graves you asshole!" Winter screamed as she shoved open his office door, finding Chase, Major, Roche, Peyton and a business looking man.

"Winter, not now." Chase growled, glaring at his fiancee.

"I won't be at home when you get back." Her voice was still as she sent him one last glare, she ripped the ring off her finger and threw it at him before she stormed out.

"Winter!" He shouted after her but it was useless as she did not turn around.

"She will be with Liv and me tonight, I'll look after her." Peyton reassured the man.

True to what Peyton said, Winter made her way to Liv and Peytons apartment, sat on her old bed with her head in her hands.

"Winter?" Peyton and Liv slowly entered the room, sitting on both sides of the weeping woman. "What happened?"

"This." Winter passed them her unlocked phone which showed text messages from a random woman. Revealing photos of the woman and Chase together played all over her phone.

"Is this real?" Liv questioned, scrolling through the messages. "He seemed so loyal and in love when he looked at you."

"I don't know what I did wrong?" She sobbed, burying her head against Peytons shoulder. "I always made sure he was happy and satisfied."

"Its not your fault, Winter." Liv reassured her cousin. "You need to speak with him."

"I don't ever want to see him again."

"That's fine, sweetie. How about you sleep and we will talk more in the morning." Peyton stroked her back, drawing circles as she helped the heart broken zombie into her pyjamas while Liv got her bed ready.

"I'm going to take your phone and charge it." Liv whispered, tucking her cousin in and walking out the room with her roommate.

~•~

"Is she here?" Chase panted as Peyton and Liv opened their front door. "I need to talk to her."

"She is in her room but she doesn't want to talk." Peyton informed him, letting him in to their warm home.

"I got your text, I need to explain." He faced Liv and nodded his head. "I knew Kathy before I knew Winter, she was an old fling."

"Go, that's her room." With no hesitation, Chase ran into her room, finding her curled up in a ball crying.

"Winter, let me explain." He begged as she refused to look at him. "It's not what you think."

"Really?" Winter scoffed. "So pictures of you and another woman having sex isn't what I think."

"It is what you think but she is a very old fling." He tried to tell her but she would not listen. "That happened way before I knew you. When I was human."

"How can I trust you?"

"Because you love me and I love you." Chase argued, grabbing her arm and forcing her to face him.

"She told me very detailed things about you from recent times." Winter narrowed her eyes, sitting up to face him. "She told me about your dog that you got after you knew me."

"I don't know how, I haven't seen her in almost ten years." He explained, sighing and kicking off his shoes to sit beside her, leaning his head against the wall.

"Please leave."

"No, I refuse to leave until you believe me." He placed his arms on her hips and moved her to straddle his lap, her face hiding in his shoulder.

"Why would she message me? Why would she show me those pictures?" She cried, clutching his shirt as sobs shook her body.

"She was my fiancee before I was a zombie but after turning and finding out she was having an affair with a friend of mine, I ended it." Chase finally explained to her, holding her closer. "She must be annoyed and jealous that I moved on."

"I hate her." Winter laughed against his chest. "I hate her so much."

"I hate her too." He joined in with her laughter. "I have never loved any one as much as I have loved you. I would never be unfaithful or leave you. We are together till the end of the line."

"I hate you too."

"I know you do." He slipped her engagement ring back on her forth finger and sat there quietly with her falling asleep against him.

"Hey, is she okay?" Peyton whispered as she poked her head into the dark room. "I haven't heard any screams or things breaking."

"We are good, a giant misunderstanding and a bitch I need to kill." He nodded his head happily. "She let me put the ring on."

"That's good."

"I'm sure she will explain when she wakes up." With one last smile, Peyton left the couple alone.

"I love you so much."

"I know."

"I thought you were sleeping?"

"I was until little you woke up."