one.

1|TEARS

Winter Snow pulled her coat tighter around herself as she walked through the leafy park. Her thoughts kept travelling to a party that changed her life, the famous Boat Party Massacre. Her cousin, Olivia Moore, invited her and now they both regret ever going after both being scratched and escaping alive but changed. They were zombies.

Her thoughts were suddenly disturbed by the familiar 'ping' of her phone; most likely a new dead body. Instead she found 'Ready for the party?' from Liv. Winter froze as she remembered her cousin had invited her to the Mayor-wannabe's fundraiser. She quickly typed a reply and ran back to the apartment she shared with Liv and their best friend Peyton Charles.

"I am home!" Winter called out as she pushed open the front door. She hung up her coat and rushed to her room, throwing on a simple black dress that outlined her curves and a pair of black courts. Her dyed black hair fell from its bun as she pulled away the bobble and applied natural make up.

"Winter, there you are!" Liv sighed as she watched the dressed up zombie enter the kitchen area. "I thought I would have to leave without you."

"Technically your date isn't here so I'm not late." Winter grinned, throwing her long fur coat over her shoulders and placing her arms through the holes. A knock at the door disturbed Liv from giving her cousin a sarcastic reply. The white haired woman rushed over and swung the large oak door open revealing a man Winter had never met before.

"Whoa! You look..." The stranger at the door finished his compliment with a growl.

"The young woman melts as her suitor makes sounds indicating that her dress is a success." Liv giggled, the brain she was on forcing her to narate what she was feeling.

"Yeah." The man grinned happily, a lustful look in his eyes making Winter feel awkward for witnessing their moment.

"I should get going." Major coughed awkwardly from the kitchen, stumbling over his words as he walks to the door. "That video games not going to play itself."

"Sorry you're not helping out with security." Justin, the name Winter just remembered Liv mentioning he was called in a previous conversation, smiled at Major.

"Baracus is already down in the polls. He doesn't want the Chaos Killer at his fundraiser." Major shrugged before bringing Winter into a tight embrace and kissing her cheek. "Have a great night."

"More shrimp for me." Liv joked as Major stepped away from the zombie and walked out the door. He waved goodbye and quickly hurried away, leaving Winter behind to third wheel the zombie couple.

"So what do you even do at a political fundraiser?" Justin asked, turning back around to face his lover.

"Get drunk." The black haired zombie immediately answered, giggling to herself. Liv sent her a small warning glare before glancing back at her date affectionately.

"I'm pretty sure it's all about hobnobbing." Liv said flirtatiously as she fixed his tie. Her cousin gagged at the scene and wandered out into the hallway, away from the couple. A moment later Liv and Justin finally joined her in the hall and they all walked to the street where Justin's car was waiting.

The drive was fast and Winter happily walked behind the pair as they entered the building, her jacket being left behind in the car.