S I X

Ashley returned late last night with Ironhide after the drive which included him explaining a lot about his planet. Cybertron. It truthfully made her wonder how far back in history humans and cybertronians were together. It was never seen in books or anything. But why? All except Sam Witwicky's great great great grandfather, whom originally discovered Megatron in an ice cave.

Upon waking up for the morning, Ashley took note of Ironhide's form missing from the driveway as she checked her window. Since Ironhide came into their lives, he was always parked waiting for the humans to go about their days. Resuming about her morning, she changed into athletic clothing so she could go for a run during the early hours. The cold air was sharp in her lungs, feeling refreshing to her. She appreciated the mornings where she could admire the sun rising before the world around her woke up.

Circling back to the house, Ironhide had still yet returned to his usual spot. Why it seemed to bother her, that was even unknown to Ashley herself. He was just a guardian, that was it. So why was his absence trouble her so much. The blonde girl immediately went to shower and freshen herself up for the day.

Ashley descended down the stairs greeting with the smell of her mother's cooking. The hearty smell of bacon filled the air. Her father sat at the table reading a news paper and her sister Annabelle sat in her high chair babbling away.

"Morning sweetheart," Her mother greeted with a warm smile. The scene was picture perfect, the perfect family.

"Morning! Hey dad, where's Ironhide?" Ashley sat at the table as her mother began serving her food.

"Base, training with several other Autobots," He lazily glanced up over the paper.

Ashley nodded, bringing the fork to her mouth as she began to eat. A yellow Camaro was spotted coming up the driveway through the window.

"Bumblebee is here!" Ashley was about to stand before her mother cut her off.

"Breakfast first Ash," Sarah scolded her eldest daughter. A warm blush with a bashful smile pointed to her mother's way as she sat down to continue to eat. Eating slow was no longer on her mind as she stuffed her face full of food. Putting the dishes away in the sink and sprinting out towards the waiting car.

"Morning Bee!" The bashful smile still on her face.

"Hey beautiful!" The car radioed voiced out.

Sliding into the driver seat of the car, she questioned Bumblebee, "What are you doing here, Ironhide's usually the one here."

"He wanted me to pick you up," Bumblebee's form took off quickly, the engine loudly rumbling as he revved a few times.

"Really? I swear that old bot hates me somedays, or he's bored of me. I don't know which one," Ashley rested back against the leather seats as a dry chuckle left her lips.

"I think it's the opposite. He won't admit it to us but I think he likes you," The numerous stations that came through as he spoke was nearly overwhelming at this sentence. Something she could hardly believe.

"You're kidding me right? There's no way," Her thumped harshly in her chest.

"Ironhide doesn't talk to many others, you're something special. He's has a soft spot for you more than any other bot," Ashley blushed a deep red.

"What makes me so special then? Im just another human," She sighed softly, looking down at her lap, "A human he has to babysit."

"I haven't figured out that answer yet, just the way it is darlin'. I know you like him too,"

"You what?"

"I can tell by your pheromones," Bumblebee came to a stop allowing the young woman to get out of the car.