#2 His Thoughts

Light’s POV

I was hoping that she will look this way so that I can smile at her, wave my hand, and talk to her like what I normally do to others. But… She won’t even glance at me. I can see through my peripheral vision that she’s busy looking somewhere else, busy looking at my younger brother. I’m kind of jealous. I’m prettier than my brother, but he’s younger, I know. But that doesn’t take away the fact that I’m more handsome than he is. But why won’t she even look at me? Am I not handsome enough in her eyes?

I heaved a sigh at the mere thought. What am I thinking? It’s just a girl! There are a lot of bigger fishes in the sea, the problem is, she was the only one who caught my attention.

She’s different.

I don’t know if she knows this, but her smile is too cute to see, too cute for me to handle. I can’t even look at her when she smiles. It seems like if I don’t pull away, I will end up staring at her for so long that it will make me look like an idiot in her eyes.

Funny, right? Am I not an idiot right now for stalking her like this?

Is this even stalking?!

I shook my head to answer my own question.

“Hey, Light. What’s the matter?” I looked up and I saw Blaze, my older brother. “Not feeling well?” I shrugged at him.

I don’t know.

I looked at her again, but I can see that her face looks troubled. I looked at my younger brother, and I saw Sandy sitting beside him.

Ah, I get it. Ice, you’re SO stupid. Don’t let my girl be sad.

Now where did that come from?

“I feel sick,” I lied to Blaze.

“Do you want to go home now?”

“No!” I answered right away.

“A-Alright! Keep it cool, man. I’m going to get you some medicine in the car. I’ll be right back,” and he taps my shoulder, saying, “Don’t stare for too long or she’ll melt,” I immediately looked at him. “You’re too obvious, you know,” then he went outside like what he told me.

Too obvious? Then why doesn’t she notices it? Speaking of her…

She’s gone in her seat. I wonder where she went? She was just taking a picture with Sandy a while ago.

I went outside to look for her. Then I saw her, just right beside the window, looking up the sky and looking as troubled as ever. How I wish to share her loneliness.

This is it! This is my chance! I have to show to her that I am more handsome than Ice.

I breathed deeply to take away my nervousness. Come on! Don’t become tense because of a girl!

I walked right beside her, standing right beside the window to her right but she didn’t notice me at all.

Too busy thinking of Ice?

My heart felt a sudden pain.

Why is it Ice? Why don’t you choose me? I’m here. All you’ve got to do is look at me. Hey, I exist, you know. Please look at me.

“Don’t you think the sky looks lovely tonight?” I said with a gloomy tone.