3-Caught

I was sleeping peacefully, dreaming about beaches and white sand, about lotions and clear water, and about the hot sun and hot lifeguards when suddenly:

"I don't need to fall at your feet
Just 'cause you cut me to the bone –"

I groaned as I tried to find where the snooze button was. Gladly, I found it and the song stopped. Seriously? I was having the best dream of my life and here comes New Found Glory's song busting in on the good part.

Finally having the strength to sit up –which wasn't a lot— I looked at the time: 7 AM. I stood up without even bothering to fix my bed and went into the bathroom, carrying a robe and a towel with me.

Chapter 3

>>>CAUGHT<<<

Two weeks had already passed. Two weeks since I'd started designing for Leighton Industries, and two weeks since I'd last seen Vice President Ivan Travis. Yup, that's right. I've heard from Aleksie that 'Sir' Ivan is in Boston for more work and won't return for maybe a month or something. She says there's even a possibility he'll miss the big event we're planning for.

I know: Aww...

But then again, I've been living pretty normal since he's not around. Specifically not intimidated anymore by anyone.

"We've got only a week left before the event. Our theme: Masquerade Ball, is going to be perfect. So, what else haven't we finished yet?" I asked my team. 

"The curtains, food, and the lights," Valerie enumerated, reading from a small notepad.

"Thanks Vale," I said "So everything except those are perfect?" I asked.

"Yup, the floorings, banners, wallpaper, stage, tables, etcetera are all fine." Rick said proudly.

"Alright then," I said. "So for the invitatirons: Remember that the only ones invited are from the list of clients and partners and family members of Leighton Industries. Aleksie's posted them outside. Chan, you type all those names and Vale, you help Chan with putting them in mail envelopes. Rick, give me some great photos of curtains with great fabrics you've chosen, and Lara, you give me designs of the lighting; whilst I take care of the catering."

"So, are those all clear?" I asked.

They all nodded and answered 'Yes'.

There were only 20 days before Christmas and 14 days before the event comes. For your information, the event we're planning for is the yearly event for the reunion of partners and clients of Leighton Industries, not to mention special people from New York.

Every year, the event has different themes. And this year, we're doing Masquerade Ball.

[THE NEXT DAY: Countdown: 19 days before Christmas and 13 days before the event]

I really couldn't remember how I let myself get into this situation. I really couldn't.

I remembered going to school just this morning, and then heading home when Lara called me, inviting me to a party at a bar where she, Valerie, Rick, and Chan were. I thought it was going to be just fine, since my classes the next day won't start until lunch and if I didn't drink any alcohol, I wouldn't have a hangover tomorrow.

But I guess, as usual, I was wrong.

I've had my bad times with liquor...definitely bad times. Right now is one of them.

I could totally feel the room spin and close in on me. Lara, Vale, and the guys were dancing on the dance floor. My guess: they're also drunk.

To tell you the truth, I should've learned from my past experiences that drinking really is bad for me.