Delphine

• Dedicated to Caitlyn Kenny

Hey Guys!! First Bookk!!! hope u like it :) tell me if i should continue

CHAPTER 1:

INFURIATION EXPLANATION

Life sucks. Well, mine does. Since I can remember, life has sucked.

Before I was sent were I am now, I was interested in my past. My grandmother was alive when the first man walked on Mars. Can you believe that? How old was she? 100 years, actually. I'm not sure what the year is now. I stopped counting the days ages ago. It's funny seeing how the people in the past entertainment really thought the future would be better. Well, they didn't live long enough to see it for themselves. Now every thing is backward. The world government produced a law when I was born that, well its hard to explain. Any way, now, because of that law, X-terminers roam the streets and any one not rich enough to have a job or a house gets X-terminated. Its very grotesque. I watched it happen once, to my own parents.

Here, well, out there, everyone only gets one chance. One shot at life, or, to be exact, one go at a job audition/ interview. My parents were dancers, and an audition came around for the parts of the Prince and Odet in 'Swan Lake', and they were so sure that these were the parts for them. Their lives were gonna change, they were gonna be famous, and their only daughter would be safe, and have an opportunity for life. Idiots. Mum forgot her dancing shoes, and tried to do the audition without them. The director didn't like that.

I was 'saved' by the W.P.T (Worlds Perfect Teenager) Organisation. They own two ovals (that's what we call them) next to each other. Ovals, in case you don't know, are like big fields, except for recreation, not farming. The first oval is where I am. The second is were all my friends - except one - are, and all my life's crushes. I'm about 15, here since I was 10. I was the first one.

The W.P.T Organisation saves teenagers (well, saves isn't really the right word. Enslaves, I think, is more fitting), being the only company to offer a second chance. The teenagers they choose are all in good shape already, but get thinner or fatter once they start the programs. This company owns approximately 50 teenagers. Mrs. Pinch is the officer on the grounds with us, and is in charge of what we do. If Mrs. Pinch tells you to do something, you do it fast. She never really liked kids, and if you don't like kids, you sure as hell wont like teenagers. Any way, on the oval is better than out there. Disobey Mrs. Pinch, and your out in the street, making your own way. None of us want that.

The reason we're all here is so, every month, we can get tested. Mrs. Pinch's job also includes monitoring us and our behaviour as closely as if we were animals being researched in a cruel zoo. If you look hard enough, Maddie used to say, you can see her in the trees, peering down at you. Maddie was my best friend. She used to make me laugh. Then she met Tyler. That's one of the reasons my life sucks. All my best friends have been stolen away to that second oval. Stolen away by love. Ugh. Any sort of positive word should never be used in the same sentence as love. I hate love. Its pointless. But W.P.T seems to think its the main component to being the 'perfect teenager'. I want to strangle whoever came up with that. Love shmove. Your not gonna get a perfect teenager from someone who's had her friends stolen away over and over again.

W.P.T wants to make a drug that will 'revolutionise modern youth' named the perfect teenager. But to make this, they first need to know what, exactly, a perfect teenager is. And that's were we come in. They do everything they can to keep us healthy: daily jogs around the oval at 5 in the morning keep us fit, and some of the food is delicious with high iron and all that stuff, but the rest . . . not so much. One third of us are vegetarian (me included), another third vegan, and the rest omnivores.

My only friend, Kailey, - she's so immature for her age, but its not like I have much of a selection of sane people to choose from – is in the vegetarian section with me. She came just recently, straight from her failed University of Computer Science scholarship exam. About once a month a newbie comes and joins us in the ranks. Because of this the girls bunking cabin has been getting quite full lately, and we're starting to wonder how many more people they can squash into it. The boys seem to be doing fine for space, even though the cabins are the same size and there is an even number of boys and girls. Maybe its because us girls actually change our clothes once in a while and thus we need places to store our spare clothes. I'd swear by the smell of some of those guys, they only change their underwear every week. It also appears that they don't mind sleeping on the floor, or with other people. Oh well. They can be unhygienic for all I care. Their just males.