Crowns

Watching the person you love riding happily alongside someone else is painful. I had to endure knowing Margery was riding about ten metres behind me- most certainly trying to seduce Tommen.

We rode out through the woods, with the kingsguards in rows of twos in front and behind us like a defence wall. I had the displeasure of riding alongside Sir Jaime Lannister. He gripped firmly on his reigns with his one good hand and talked admiringly of himself and all his accomplishments in an attempt to entertain me. I don't know how much Tyrion told him of Tommen and I but judging by how many times Jamie looked behind us when Margery promiscuously giggled then back at me with sympathy really said it all.

"How is Lady Margery?" Jaime asked and turned up his nose mockingly whilst gazing back at her "is she treating you well?"

I wanted to laugh at his obvious dislike for Margery but I was persistent in being blunt in the hope he'd just stop talking and leave me to ride in silence.

"Judging by her continuous giggles, I would suggest she is doing just fine and yes, Lady Margery is treating me well" I kept my head straight, refusing to show any emotions.

Jaime laughed "She annoying you too?"

I felt my words catch in my mouth "I didn't say that"

"You didn't have to" he laughed again.

I couldn't help but smile.

"There you go" he gloated "knew i'd get you to smile eventually"

"Is that what you were trying to do?" I asked, laughing "next time, just insult Margery sooner, it'll save you a lot of time"

We set up camp, in a clearing. The grass was decorated with small pink and purple flowers and in the centre of it all was a large oak tree. Our tents we're put up beneath the oak tree: it's branches provided us with cover if it rained.

Margery's tent was put up between Tommen and I's. I didn't even have to ask the guards, to know that she requested. She would do anything to deter a threat to her crown.

The dark sky was full with sparkling silver stones. I was sitting cross legged in front of the fire, weaving some of the flowers to make a flower crown. Margery was sitting beside Tommen on the opposite side of the fire. He kept glancing over at me, I could see him from the corner of my eye but I refused to look up in case Margery caught eyes with me. I didn't want to give her the satisfaction of seeing me hurt.

"Say we will come back here, when we're married!" Margery almost sang "It's so beautiful and perfectly romantic"

My head twitches but I resisted the impulse to look up.

"Uh yeah" Tommen replied "Of course"

"Wouldn't you love it, Arathea?" She cried.

Still focusing on my flower crown I replied "Love what?" I asked innocently and sweetly.

"If Tommen and I came back here?" she asked.

She didn't sound patronising nor insensitive. That was really the worst part of it all. She actually cared somewhat about me. Sure, she didn't care enough to refuse the crown... but she cared. Her Tyrel greed for power comes before any other emotion.

"Yes!" I exclaimed, finally looking up "its perfect for newly weds"

Tommen stared sorrowfully at me so I immediately looked back down. I couldn't take the pitty.

"Its settled then!" Margery exclaimed before jumping up "I'm going to my tent, it's late" she walked slowly looking at me the whole time like I was supposed to do something "Are you not going to bed Arathea?"

I see. Don't want me and Tommen alone do you?

"No" I shook my head "I think i'll stay here and finish this crown...some girls have to make their own"

The mood instantly feel sour. I could see Tommen tensing up. Margery stayed perfectly still and actually looked a little wounded.

"Arathea..." she said "I thought we talked about this-"

"Forgive me!" I interrupted " I didn't mean how that just sounded...uh I uh just meant that....that considering your new position you wouldn't have to do things like make your own flower crowns...uh do you uh want me to make you one?"

I new she wasn't convinced but she smiled anyway "No, that won't be necessary...flower crowns aren't really what I go for"

Was that a dig at me?

As soon as she was out of sight and in her tent Tommen sat down beside me.

"What were you thinking?" he asked. He didn't sound made...he sounded disappointed which was much worse.

"I'm sorry! I get jealous. It's not away watching her swish her hair and giggle around you all day. Sometimes you even look happy in her presence....I mean...why wouldn't you....she is beautiful, smart and a Tyrel. You don't get more perfect-"

His lips stopped my rambling mouth. I was scared to kiss him back. I wanted to stop him but I didn't have the strength to stay no. I could sense all the eyes on us but really they didn't matter because the Kingsguard not Jamie would blab about us. I couldn't take it anymore. I kissed him back, ignoring the niggling possibilities that Margery could be spying on us.

A/N

I'm sorry. I'm literally so sorry. I have had a pretty rough time recently for personal reasons so writing hasn't really been on my agenda. I'm so sorry!