That's Just My Baby Daddy》Lloyd Avery II (Finished)

Bold and italic- narrating/thoughts

Italic- present

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've lived in South Central for all 19 years of my life and I never wanted to leave as bad as I do now. Nothing is here for me and all I've known is violence and drugs, which completely took over my life. My oldest brother Von, had to get into selling drugs to take care of me and my other older brother Karlton, since my mom wasn't around like that. My mother has always been a crack fein and my father? He left before I could see the ceiling of the crack house my mother gave birth in. Karlton, the second oldest, died when I was 15 from a drive-by when he was just hanging out with his friends. Between us three, Karlton and I were always the closets and his death hade a huge impact on my life. I started hanging around the wrong crowd, smoking, drinking and even started sleeping around. It seemed like I wasn't slowing down anytime soon when I met Lloyd.

Lloyd was a drug dealer who I was chasing behind for about a year or two. Not only did he cheat on me multiple times but he'll verbally, emotionally, and mentally abuse me. He never laid a hand on me, thanks to Von. No matter what he put me through I always loved him and I thought I would never leave him alone.

Until my 16th birthday when I found out I was pregnant. Lloyd cleaned up his act for a good minute and chilled on stressing me out but when the seventh month of my pregnancy hit, the cheating started again. I had to distance myself from him because I refused to stay in a toxic relationship and let my baby see it. Surprisingly, he let me go without a fight and only came around for our daughter, Bella. That continued for three years and while we still don't have much to say to each other, he had a lot to say when I told him that I was planning on moving Bella out of South Central and to Sacramento. For the past week, he's been trying his best to convince me to stay or at least move somewhere closer but I made up my mind. I don't want my daughter to ever know the downside of Los Angeles. But this time he completely lost his shit.

"You know how far that shit is? Six hours! What if some shit happens? You ain't gon let me protect my own fucking child?"

"Lloyd, I want to protect her too.  Do you think I want to take her away from the only family she's ever known? If it was up to me, I'll take both you and Von up out of here too but Bella is my main priority. There's nothing here but trouble, I'm not letting  her get sucked into it."

Lloyd got quiet with a look of irritation on his face but quickly got mad again.

"So you deciding to take her away from me. Man, fuck you y/n! You not leaving here with my daughter."

I'm not the one to hold my tongue. I'll always check someone, especially when it comes to my daughter.

"First of all, you sound so stupid. I know how it feels to grow up without a daddy so don't think I will EVER take that away from Bella especially when you want to be in her life. No one said you can't leave, it's you who want to stay doing all this bullshit. I don't care what you got to say but I'm taking my damn baby and leaving."

I was about to close the door on him until he slammed his hand on it to prevent me from doing so, "Y/n you playing with your life right now. I got too much going on here to up and leave, you know that shit." My blood started to boil, "You really threatening me while our daughter is in the fucking house? You really reached a new low, Lloyd. Now get your hand off my door so I can go about my day."

"Daddy?" Damn it Bella.

"Bella, daddy woke you up?" she nodded and rubbed her eyes. "Well, it is eight in the morning, Lloyd. Come back later when she's not tired." "No, I want daddy." He grinned and picked her up, "See, she wants me to stay." Lloyd kissed her cheek and walked past me into the house. He sat on the couch and turned on the TV to cartoons for Bella and sat her on his lap as she laid back on his chest. I'm not gonna lie, it was cute. "Bella you want some cereal?" I walked past them to go to the kitchen and I felt Lloyd's eyes burn the back of my head. "Lloyd, you staring mighty hard. You got something to say?" "Hell yeah, my daughter ain't finna get no cereal! Fix her some bacon or sumthin." I rolled my eyes and glared at him from behind the counter. "I'm not fixing her bacon when she doesn't finish it all. She likes cheerios, so that's what she's eating. She can eat whatever she wants when she's with you but this is my house, my kitchen, and my food." Lloyd smacked his lips and waved me off, "Her daddy says she can get bacon, so that's what the fuck she getting." "Daddy, no say bad word." "No say bad word? I sorry." I chuckled at how she was the only person who can call him out and not receive any consequences.

Right when I had Bella, I knew she was going to be his weakness. Anything she wants, she gets and no one ever tells her no when he's around. Except for me, I don't give two fucks about what he has to say.

"Bella, what do you want to eat baby?" I asked her as I popped a cheerio in my mouth. She looked up at Lloyd and he whispered 'bacon' in her ear and she smiled, "BACON!" I narrowed my eyes at them and pointed my finger at him. "Stop corrupting my child." He gave a small smile and turned back to the TV. The rest of the morning was just the both of them leaving me out of the loop as I sat back and let him enjoy his time with her. "...Mommy I finished!" Bella plopped her little plate on the table and laid back down on Lloyd's chest. "You did? That's good mamas." I grabbed her plastic plate to wash then headed to the kitchen. I gathered all of the dishes and started to make dish water.

After the dishes, I flopped down on the sofa and changed the channel since Bella went back to sleep on Lloyd's chest.

"So, Y/n. I'm taking Bella to dukes before I go and make this run."

I stared at him. "You are not taking her to see that witch you call mama and what you talking about making a run? She's not staying over there."

"Bruh, you not finna start this shit again. My mama barely see Bella as it is and you not bout to stop her from seeing her granddaughter cause you think she don't like you."

"SHE DON'T!"

Bella stirred and woke up a little bit before going back to sleep.

"Shut yo ass up bruh." Lloyd glared at me.

I stood up and took Bella away from him before making my way to her room to put her down because this was not about to be pretty. I closed her door a little and stomped back to the living room to see Lloyd stand up and make his way to the door.

"Uh uh, where you going? We not finished." He groaned and stopped with his hand on the doorknob.

"You always pull this bullshit when I bring up my people seeing Bella. Like they gon hurt her or something."

"I know they're not. But my baby is not gonna be around people who gonna be in her ear about how bad of a mother I am." Lloyd took off his hat and rubbed his waves.

Nigga stop that shit, you know I like it.

"Girl they don't think that."

"Really? Cause last time I saw that hag, she straight up said that I got pregnant just to trap you and that I don't deserve to be a mother to Bella. Don't get me started on your big ass sisters--"

"Aye chill with that shit. You getting disrespectful."

"Oh well, Bella not leaving this house. Just come back after you done, we gonna be here."

"Nah shawty, that ain't gon work." He put his hat back on and went to Bella's room. I followed him and saw him pick up her bag and he went for her. I stepped in front of him with a crazy look on my face.

"Woah what the hell are you doing?"

"I'm bringing her with me. You planning on taking her away from me anyway, so I'm bout to spend my time with her."

I pushed him away and shook my head, "You just said you were about to make runs and shit. You really think I'm gonna let her go with you and risk something popping off?"

"Then what the fuck you want me to do, y/n? I'm not staying in this house all day."

"I don't know take her to the park or something but you're not going anywhere near your family and no selling around her."

He got quiet and I knew he was gonna stop by his ugly ass mama's house anyway.

"Matter of fact, I'm coming with ya'll. I know you hard headed."

"Man you always gotta bring yo ass somewhere."

"When it comes to my daughter, hell yeah! Now I'm about to change so get her dressed and not into nothing ugly your mama bought her."

"Aye watch it."
*

*