Chapter Five

We're like parallel lines;always close, never together.
________________________________
During the course of the cold winter night, I keep waking up and checking on Aiden. The amount of alcohol he has consumed is affecting his stomach and his body is getting weaker. It's hard seeing the person you love break into pieces right in front of you and you have no control over it.

It was never meant to be like this, we would be happy, working for a job we both really enjoyed and no harm would ever come for us.

I knew from the start that Aiden was getting stressed about work but I didn't think it would happen to this extent. If you would've seen Aiden earlier, you would of told me that you saw a whole completely different person. It was like the alcohol was a ignition to his anger, setting a light to everything in sight and burning me in the process. I wish he could tell me what's been happening like I do to him. But its hard to get frustrated because Aiden is very weak and vulnerable and I just don't want to push him to edge, where he will fall and crack.

All of this hits so close to home, I wish the deadly and evil substance we call Alcohol could just disappear from our lives and never return.

Meanwhile, aside from my patronizing thoughts, I managed to get Aiden up to our bed last night and he hasn't loosed his arms around my waist since. He looks peaceful whiles he's asleep no anger or rage present in his face. Suddenly, Aiden's body jerking uncontrollably makes me instantly snap out of my dazed terrace and I quickly jump to his side. I try to shake his shoulders to jolt him awake but it doesn't seem to do the trick. Beads of sweat begin to acuminate round his forehead making his cheeks redden from the temperature.

I hastily pull the covers off my body and grab a facial towel from the towel rack. I begin to run the cold tap and wait till the water is at its right temperature to soak the towel in the cold water before ringing the water out and placing it on Aiden's head. "M?" His dry but croaky voice rings out and I wish with all my heart that I could just simply trade places with him at this moment in time and illuminate all the pain.

That's how much I love this silly boy with everything in me, I would climb Big Ben and swim in the River Thames for him; even though I have a terrible fear of heights and cold water.

"I'm right here." I place my soft palm against his check and he brings his hand against mine.

"Please never leave me." He whispers against my hand and it takes every ounce in my body not to cry.

"I can't. It would mean that I would lose a bit of myself too." I bring my lips up to his and slowly but carefully he manages to kiss me back. It's just a simple but affectionate kiss that makes me feel like this is worth while. I stroke his brown hair through my fingers and he gently places his soft head against my stomach while I whisper how much I love him.

~~
I wake up at roughly 8am and I feel groggy and not well rested as I usually do. While Aiden is sleeping soundly, I take the chance to have a quick shower and freshen up.

When I return I gather my fresh and clean clothes already ironed and folded in the wardrobe. As I slip my clothes on, my eyes land on a white piece of paper in front of me. I still haven't heard anything from Aiden so I suppose he's still asleep.

I lean over the crystal white Alex drawers and  quickly scan the letter. The handwriting is very familiar and the way the lower case letters run smoothly against the paper, make me realise that it's his.

And I'm terrified to what will happen next.
________________________________
If we get 10 votes and 10comments on this chapter I will update chapter six❤️

Make sure to click the below if you would like the next chapter!

Insta- @n_imaginator_