Chapter Two

You are my today and all of my tomorrows. -Leo Christopher
________________________________

As I step into my new office, I'm hit with a sense of prosperity it's been two whole years since I graduated and I'm missing everyone so dearly. And now that I'm working full time as an assistant I don't really have the time to see them a lot but, they know that I'm only a call away and I will be there for them no matter what.

I run my hand over the smooth mahogany wooden desk and my eyes widen as I see my own personal name card and a drawer filled with all my favourite snacks. . "So are you saying this is all mine?" I question a little teary-eyed. I can't possibly believe this is all happening. Tell me this is a joke, a dream even.

"That's exactly what I'm saying." She answers back seriousness present in her voice before smiling.

"And oh, you have reminded me that I brought you a new laptop for being my new assistant." She quickly runs out of the office and renters seconds later with a box wrapped up in black and white striped wrapping paper.

"Harriet, I've already told you not to get me anything. You've given me a job, my own office and now a laptop. I could not possibly accept." I throw my hands up in shock.

"Well I've brought it now, and the store doesn't accept refunds." She hastily pushes the box closer into my hands. And when I start to unwrap the first top layer my mouth drops and with shock.

The one thing I've been saving up to get. I fully take in what's right in front of me and I can't believe she actually brought me a freaking matbook air for work! Where on earth does she afford this? I've been saving up for one of these for ages!

Plus my red windows laptop decided to die on me during my final year so I had to Borrow Aiden's laptop to complete my courses. And let me tell you that it was a complete and utter nightmare.

"I love you so much and thank you!" I pull her into a massive bone crashing hug. While I cry into her shoulders like a baby.

"I love you too, Aiden has been complaining that you keep using his so I thought what a better idea to buy you your own!"

"Harriet I absolutely love it, how did you know what one I wanted?" I ask her dabbing the corner of my eyes with a tissue.

"Aiden helped me pick it." She sniggers and pulls me in for another big hug.

~~
I follow Harriet into a new part of the office and the smell of freshly baked pastries and a variety of different sandwiches fill the air making my mouth suddenly water.

Harriet greets the cook to me and we both make our way towards an empty table were we sit and enjoy our food.

"So how's the new apartment?" Harriet brings up taking a bite from her cheese and prickle sandwich.

Seriously who likes cheese and pickle?

"It's going great, I don't see Aiden much as his job is very demanding but we are getting there." I sigh unscrewing the cap of mineral water and taking a sip.

"How's Aimee and your mum?" Harriet carries the conversation fixing up her nude lipstick in the mirror.

"Yeah, they are both doing great actually they are all coming over next week for a little get- together back at our apartment. And me and Aiden are going to make good use of our kitchen!" I say sarcastically and I earn a giggle from Harriet.

"Are you available some time next week?" I ask her tucking in to my egg mayonnaise and watercress sandwich.

"I will have to check my calendar as I remember I had a meeting but I can always reschedule." She smiles at me before rummaging through her black Chanel purse. 

Just as I was about to ask her what she was looking for, my phone begins to ring. I quickly pull it out and I see Aiden's name flash up, a bright smile flashes onto my lips.

"I'll see you tomorrow, love you!" I quickly say goodbye to Harriet and head back into my warm and toasty car.

"Hey baby." Aiden's soft voice rings in my ear I've missed him so much these past few days, as his job sometimes keeps up till late at night.

"Hey babe." I answer turning the key into the ingintion. I just couldn't wait to get home and spend quality time with Aiden.

"So How was your day at work?" He questions.

"It was good, it's such a calm environment and I really had fun with Harriet." I answer reversing out of the space and driving onto the motorway.

"I'm so glad you had a good day, I can't wait to see you. But I've got some bad news." Aiden suddenly pauses as if waiting for my reply.

"Aiden was is it?" I reply instantly.

"My boss wants me to stay back late again to talk business. I'm sorry, I really wanted to get home so we could watch a movie together but he isn't that convinced." His voice laced with guiltless but I know that he can't help it and it isn't his doing.

Knowing that he can't help it and that it sn't his fault I take a deep breath and focus on the road. "I'm sorry baby." He finally speaks up when I don't reply.  "It's okay Aiden." I sigh.

"I promise I will make it up to you. See you later, and I love you."

"I love you more." I say ending the call and take the longer way home.
________________________________

Make sure to click the below if you would like the next chapter!

Films or books?