Don't Slap a Dictater

Three days later, after finally convincing Abraham Not to put the shotgun in his lab, Henry was at the lab, finishing up a case of a murdered prostitute. There were plenty of cases involving Henry being the only one in the lab, on shift, and he was beginning to feel anxious. A suble thud from the room beyond, a creak a few feet into the hall.

And every now and then, a whisper.

Not as in someone talking- At least, as far as he knew- But a change in the air flow, so slight as to be mistaken for his own breath against his hands as he prepared to leave.

After a half hour of gathering his things and pulling on his coat, Henry turned off the light in the lab and was about to go into the elevator when something slammed into the lower back half of his skull, rendering him unconscious for what appeared to be a long five hours.

---

"What's his name?" A voice, deep and unnaturally sonorous. Henry couldn't remember where he'd heard it, but he had, of that he was-

"Henry Morgan. Star Medical Examiner of New York."

Now another one, lighter than the other man, and with a British lilt. "Really? A Medical Examiner? Back in my-"

"Save your memories for later, George.... I think he's awake."

George? Adam was speaking, definitely, and suddenly, a movement in the darkness caught his attention. Henry flicked his eyes up slowly, facing shiny, polished black boots and gray trousers. No one wore those anymore. Who would..... He tilted his head up and looked into a pinched-looking man with a strange, boxy mustache. The man was rather short, only two inches taller than the average woman.

"Yes, he's awake."

"Did you have to inflict any pain on him?" The deeper voice again. The gray-clad man looked up next to him.

"Did he? Of course he did! You're as dull as a cow, Abraham."

"And you're the shining star of the litter." A woman's voice this time. Distinctly African, maybe a little deeper than he knew most women to be. A taller man appeared next to the Gray Clothes, wearing a dark business suit and beard..... Henry's eyes widened as he realized the names Adam had given him before.

Abraham Lincoln, and-

"Leave the guy alone, Adolf."

Hitler?

What was the world's worst tyrant doing here? And Abraham Lincoln, one of the world's greatest? Side by side, to add insanity to more insanity. Unless......

"You're all immortal...." Henry said, rolling to his feet. Once he was standing, he saw that Abraham was 6'4" and Hitler only stood 5'8". The difference would have been comical if the former president didn't tower over him. A woman emerged from the darkness, skin telltale black and a stubborn look in her eyes that said 'Don't tread on me!' instantly. Adam appeared as well, followed by a man with white hair and a gray suit similar to the one Hitler wore. Henry gawked as they filed out, grim looks on their faces. Never had he realized they could have survived. He thought he was the only one! And to think, all those years.....

"Wait, we're missing someone." Abraham sprumbled. Hitler rolled his eyes and sneered, an act Henry would have been annoyed to see.

"Ugh, please. All Josef's been doing for the past.... All his life is grudge about me and my valorous Nazis. And to think, the mighty Josef Stalin, a bastard by any means-"

"I'm right behind you; Keep going." A Russian voice hissed behind him. Hitler snapped up straight and looked behind him, only to be tackled from behind. The two were soon rolling on the ground, yelling insults and downplaying each others' armies. Abraham sighed and put a hand to his temples, the black woman laughed, Adam, from what Henry could tell, remained silent, and the man with white hair tried to pull the two apart.