Chapter Twenty One: An Angel's Mending

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!! :DD

P.S: I've seen your comments and all you guys don't want Rhea to die and that you guys want Rhea and Amy. No one wants Rhea and Bridget to hook up ;/ lolol Darn it! >.<! Well, you guys gotta keep reading and one thing's for sure: ALTERNATIVE ENDING WOULD BE INCLUDED!

P.P.S: Please read the note at the end. To give you a hint, it talks about the ending of the book ;/

________________________________________________________

Broken Hearts & Lonely Stars:

Chapter Twenty One: An Angel's Mending

"Rhea? Are you ready?" My mother's voice was heard behind the door as I sighed before looking back at the video camera that was perched on the tripod. The red light blinking telling me it was still recording. I smiled at the camera before quickly turning it off and put the camcorder and the tripod away.

"Yeah, I just need to put on my shoes," I replied, slipping on my boots.

"We'll be in the car," my mother told me and her retreating footsteps faded.

I sat on the edge of my bed, slowly coming to the realization that my life had taken a huge turn in events. To think I'll die unloved and unwanted had vanished from my mind when I see the people doing their best for me to live. But can they still try to keep someone living when they're prepared to die? I'm not much of a suicidal person but in my years of being neglected, broken, and unhappy made me realize one thing:

I have to cherish every minute before the time runs out.

Persistent that I am, I would charge forward, trying my best to keep the promises I made even though those who gave up on hoping for me to fulfill it aren't much behind me. I let down too many people its time to change that.

I stood up from my bed, fixing my beanie as I walked out of my room only to stop and gape at the woman in front of me. Her golden brown hair fell in perfect waves over her slim shoulders, framing her oval face. She wore a familiar Led Zeppelin shirt and leggings with a pair of black Chucks. Chocolate brown eyes gazed back at me with a twinge of happiness in them. Her coated red lips twitched into a small smile before biting her bottom lip.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, shocked to my bones to see her here.

Those chocolate brown eyes widened, surprised. Maybe because I didn't snap at her instead I spoke softly as if she was a fragile flower, too delicate in my hands. One wrong move and she'll break.

"I... Umm, I came to talk to you," she bit her lip again.

My eyes zeroed on that lip biting, slowly becoming transfixed into that I didn't realize I took a step forward, making our bodies almost touching. Almost.

"About what?" I whispered, my body having a mind on its own as my hand flew to cup her chin, my thumb tracing her jaw line.

I could hear the small intake of breath from her and knowing my touches still bring reactions from her brought a small smirk to my lips.

"I'm sorry, Rhea," she begun, cupping my hand in hers as she leaned into my touch further. "For everything that I've done and hadn't done. I wish I could go back in time and change everything. If I was given a chance to change my past, I would change the day I cheated on you. I love you, Rhea. I'm never gonna forget the times we spent together, the kisses we shared, and the memorable sweet compliments you whispered to me in secret before you became the heartless girl everyone knew you as once you stepped out into the world. I miss you. The real you, Rhea... I understand you don't believe me--"