Chapter Seven: Kidnapped-

A/N: Connor up there ^^^^^ played by Ian Nelson THE LIL CUTIE OMFG. Luh ye, enjoy. Mwah. If there's any mistakes I do apologise, I edited this on me phone. 

      The shower was cold on my skin.

      I'd woken up to a wave of heat––the duvet sealing me inside a furnace. Another nightmare disturbed my sleep. This time, Jaime had pushed Parker over and I'd screamed until blood crawled its way over my bottom lip.

      My body shivered from the temperature of the water pouring over me. My hands were fists, braced against the tiled wall. I felt nauseous; a deep urge to be sick but nothing would make its way up my throat.

      "Rob?" Parker's voice. "Rob, stop it." I didn't listen, instead I closed my eyes and fought hard to block him out. "Rob, please don't do this to yourself."

      I grit my teeth through the hail of ice cold water. Parker continued to drone on in the background. "You know it wasn't your fault. You know that." But his words angered me because he was so wrong. He was so damn wrong and he knew that he was so damn wrong.

      "I should have grabbed you!" I shouted. The nausea climbed further up my throat until my jaws began to tingle unpleasantly. "I should have pulled you over but I didn't. I did nothing. Just stood there and did nothing!"

      "Don't start doing this."

      "It's the truth." I spat, still not able to look at him from where I was sure he was standing, on the other side of the shower curtain.

      "You couldn't save me. It happened and that's that."

      "Bullshit," I whispered.

      The shower cut off. Shocked, I turned to see Jaime staring at me with wide, worried eyes. I couldn't react, struck with confusion considering I hadn't even heard him enter the room or pull back the plastic curtain to get to me.

      He wrapped a towel around my shoulders and helped me out of the bathtub while saying, "What's going on with you? I heard shouting, I––god, you're freezing."

      "I'm fine."

      Jaime looked at me sceptically. "You're far from fine."

      The incident was kept between the two of us. And Parker.

      September was here in the blink of an eye.

      "You ready for your first day of school?" Jaime tried to get me all hyped up so that I'd forget about how nervous I was. It wasn't working. I'd put off the worrying for months and now that the day was finally here, the worry began to dawn on me like a not-so-distant tidal wave.

      Arthur had explained to me that the school wanted to start me off in a small group of people, that only went to school three days a week. It was apparently for students who struggled with the stresses of school or didn't know how to behave properly.

      I'd explained how I didn't want to feel like an idiot. That I just wanted to attempt school as a normal student, at least to see how it goes before deciding anything else. I mean, I was already the new kid––I didn't want to be the weird new kid with problems. Arthur had agreed but he didn't seem convinced that it was the best idea.

      Left alone to my thoughts, I changed out of my pyjamas and into my uniform. It was simple, plain. The usual white shirt, black trousers and a tie. A black blazer over top. I felt like I was going to law school. The tie was two-toned; a light green and a dark green that ran diagonally down the length of it.