Los Angeles

We appeared on a beach.

 "Are we still in New York?" Jessica asked.

 "No, we're in California," the Devil said.

 "What's here?" I asked.

 "The tree of knowledge is in LA," the Devil said. "That's about ten miles away from here."

 We walked for about ten minutes in silence until Jessica finally spoke.

 "Why haven't we been attacked?" She asked.

 "God and the angels think that Garrett died in the explosion so they believe that there is no threat," the Devil answered.

 "That's pretty convenient," I said, kicking a rock down the street.

 "It is," the Devil said, "but I would still be careful."

 "Why?" Jessica asked.

 "We messed with the Ark back in Manhattan," he answered. "At least God will notice."

 Almost with timing that was too perfect, there was a swirling blue light that vanished, revealing Michael.

 "Oh shit," the Devil said, "see what I said?"

 "Looks like I've just seen a ghost," Michael said. "I was pretty sure that I had properly blown up your house."

 "You?" My anger bubbled and I had pulled out the Blade without realizing. "You bastard. I'll kill you!"

 I lunged, slashing my blade. Michael pulled out a blade identical to mine but made from silver. He kicked me in the chest, sending me sprawling on the sidewalk.

 "I've gotten my own toys as well, my friend," Michel said arrogantly.

 "You're not my friend," I said, tears streaming down my face. "You killed my mother."

 I got up only to be knocked down immediately.

 "I didn't kill your mother," he said, swinging his blade from side to side. "You did."

 He stepped forward in his blind arrogance. 

 Too close.

 I swept his feet out from under him and jumped up in one movement.

 "Not so cocky now, huh?" I said, placing the tip of the Blade under his neck. 

 "Don't kill him, Garrett," the Devil said. "He could be useful."

 I kneeled down and began punching Michael in the face. The light blood poured from his nose and my knuckles were cut open.

 "We'll meet again, mortal," Michael slurred through his bloody nose.

 He disappeared like before, launching me onto the pavement next to Jessica.

 "That was crazy," she said, helping me up.

 "I guess our luck has run out," I said, rubbing my chest where Michael had repeatedly kicked me.

 "We need to pick up the pace," the Devil said.

 We walked quickly and in about a half an hour reached the Hollywood sign.

 "No way," I said. "the tree of knowledge is up there?"

 There were somewhere between thirty and fifty trees up around the sign. They bore various kinds of different fruits.

 "This is going to take a while," the Devil said. "Let's get to work."