How To Catch a God

The wind whistled through my hair as the ground sped up to meet me.

 I managed to pull the Blade out of the angel's temple, it was still glowing with the angel's blood.

 "Please work," I said under my breath.

 I licked the blood off of the knife carefully. It tasted like steam.

 I hit the ground.

 Kind of, there was a white light that rippled from me, absorbing the shock. I dropped only about two feet once the light was gone.

 The Devil was still fighting Michael, and they appeared to be at a stalemate.

 Jessica sat off to the side nursing her wounded arm.

 I sank the Blade into Michael's thigh. An inhuman sound escaped his mouth and he vanished in a blue light which sent the Devil and I flying.

 "Holy shit" said the Devil, getting up, "you're better than I expected."

 "Well how are we going to get into Heaven now?" I asked, holding my side where my broken ribs were.

 "We're not." said the Devil.

 "What?" I asked, grunting from my injured leg.

 "That was the way to get in. We can't bring the fight to God anymore but we may be able to bring God to the fight."

 "How?" Jessica joined the conversation.

 "We'll have to get a few religious artifacts and perform a summoning ritual."

 "What kind of artifacts?" I asked.

 "The Holy Grail, an apple from the tree of knowledge, and dust from the Ark of the Covanent. Not to mention an angel's heart to do the thing."

 "How are we supposed to find those things?" I asked.

 "Oh they're found," said the Devil, "it's just getting them that'll be the challenge. They've moved since their existence, all of these items but fortunately all but one are in the continental United States. The Grail is in Mexico."

 "What first?" Jessica asked.

 "The Ark dust. We need your car, Garrett, I can't teleport to these things."

 We arrived at my house a few hours leter, it was around 8.

 "Let's start tomorrow," I said, "for now, let's get some sleep."

 We parted there. I entered my house.

 "How was school?" aksed my mother.

  "Uneventful," I lied, trying my best to conceal my wounds and limp.

 I laid in my bed with my eyes closed, the Blade enclosed in my fist under the pillow, waiting for sleep to come.

 I heard the CLICK of a boot on my floor and snapped my eyes open to see a duet of angels standing over me and pointing their swords at my throat.

 I pulled the Blade from under the pillow and severed the hand of the one on the right.

 He shrieked and pointed at me with his one hand. I floated up and slammed into the wall, smashing through some of the drywall.

 "Stupid child," the one-handed angel hissed.

 The Blade lay at my feet.

 "Who's stupid?" I asked, using my foot to fling the Blade into the angel's belly. 

 Glowing blood poured out. I fell from the wall, pulled the blade out of the angel and slit his throat.

 The other one reached for a trophy sittin gon my dresser to use as a weapon but I stabbed through his hand, pinning him down.

 "What do you want?" I ordered.

 The angel punged my nose. Blood poured out but I ignored it and twisted the Blade.

 Tears streamed from the angel's eyes and he screamed silently.

 "Why are you here?" I asked.

 "M-Michael sent us." the angel managed.

 "Why?" 

 The angel started sobbing. "He wanted us to kill you before you could kill God."

 "Too late," I said, stabbing him in the throat.

 Then my house exploded.