Chapter One

Hair as black as ebony, skin as white as snow, lips as red as blood.

I replayed that part of a story in my head as I stared at the mirror because that was what I was. I was a snow white freak. It was common that I was mistaken for a girl.

I checked my delicate, soft and flawless white skin with my shiny grey eyes that was mistaken for silver at times before I tied my shoulder length hair that I decided to outgrow before I left the bathroom, entering the walk-in closet.

I picked a white sweater and a tight jean before I wore my stylish flip-flops. It was time for breakfast and I wouldn't or rather shouldn't be late if I would be punished for arriving even a minute late.

"Lyric eat your meal." My dad said as I snapped out of my thoughts and then looked at him.

My dad was a very responsible and handsome lawyer that any woman would die for. He had dark blue hair that was died but you could see the blonde root, dark eyes, pointed nose, chiseled jawline, brown skin and a clean face.

He wore glasses for his hyperopia but it was only a bonus to his looks. He was very tall with a height of 6'5 unlike me who is tiny like my mother with a height of 5'6 and a half.

I looked nothing like my father not even the shape of head, the only similar about us was that he was my sperm donor and our IQ matched up. People who saw me said I looked like my mother when she was alive except much more feminine, fairer and innocent.

I took a bite of the meal I had no appetite and then I dropped the spoon and looked at my dad.

"Dad please can you reconsider my request. I really want to go to school." I requested from my dad who dropped his papers and looked at me.

I've never been outside the gates of this building for as long as I can remember. Rumors from the maid was I was born in the house without a glimpse of the outside world. I heard that I wasn't let out of the house because of the dangers out there since it was those dangers that made my mother die three days after my birth, begging my father to protect me from the dangers out there.

From the one who wanted to take me away.

"We've had this discussion and my answer still remains no." He responded strictly before he folded his paper to take his coffee.

I was about to argue when I heard the only noise that shut me up. The sound of heels, the zip of an expensive new purse, the scent of perfume and the tension among the workers.

She was coming and she was coming fast.

Not long after my thought, the devil incarnate stepped into the dinning table.

She was beautiful alright but the beauty was a facade to the horrible person she was. She had long black hair, dangerous blue eyes, pink lips that had been tainted by red lipstick. She had an attraction body that hide her age very well and she was an inch or two taller than me.

"Baby, I'm leaving. I'll be back before the party starts. I have to check in with the office." She told my father before she bent down to kiss him.

She wore a white jumpsuit, expensive jewelries and an expensive designer purse. My father smiled at her before she faced me with a cold face.

"Good morning." I greeted before I played with my fork not bothering to look at her.

"Morning." She said sweetly but I could taste the bitterness in her tongue.

"Babe, I'm going to work. Remember to remind Lyric not to be seen by our guests." She informed my dad who nodded and looked at me before she kissed his cheek and left.