Chapter 27:Things Just Happened

I drove quickly because Colton wouldn't stop asking a million and one questions about where I was taking him and why I was being so quiet. 

What was I supposed to tell him? I'm dragging you to me and our schools art teacher secret place? No, so I kept my mouth shut, muttering a few words every once in a while so it didn't seem too strange. 

I was dying inside. What if neither of them wanted to be with me? I was putting them into an awkward position and I was putting my feelings on the line. 

"Still not going to tell me where you're taking me or is this some kind of weird audition you're doing for a new top secret fast and furious?" Colton tried to joke around but the confusion was evident in his voice. 

I ignored his jokes, mostly because I couldn't find my voice to joke around with him. Isaiah didn't even know that any of my friends knew about us, let alone all of them. I was sure Liz had told Carter or at least I expected she would. 

I pulled into our secret spot, turning off my car and still completely ignoring Colton's now annoyed questions. How would he take me confronting him? Especially with Colton here with me. I was beginning to regret my decision of dragging them both here. 

It was too soon, I didn't want to lose either of them but I had a funny feeling this little meeting wasn't going to go in my favor. 

Just as I went to reach for my car keys with all intention of making a B-line out of this random field not far from town, Isaiah's car drove up the small pathway blocking me inside. 

I couldn't turn back now, I took a deep breath as I finally allowed myself to look in Colton's direction. You could see him connecting the dots in his head as his eyes told all. I felt all the blood drain from my face, I was now positive this was a horrible idea. 

Isaiah's car turned off and his door shut quickly. I didn't give him a chance to come to my car as I climbed out of my own vehicle, knowing Colton would follow my lead. 

My eyes meet with Isaiah's but his swiftly left mine the second he noticed Colton's presence as well. What I would give to know whatever he's thinking at this very moment. His expression became guarded and his eyes now mimicked Colton's cold stare while they both waited for me to announce what the hell was going on here. 

"I have something to tell both of you." I started, my voice low but steady. 

In unison, they nodded their heads so I continued. 

"Colton, I like you." There I said it, admitted out loud for the first time since I knew. "I'm not sure when I started to or when I finally accepted it because it all just fades together. You've been here for me, kept your opinions to yourself and was just the friend I needed. I don't know if that's why I like you but you're a great guy and I feel like I've been really unfair to you." 

My hands felt sweaty while I spoke some of my peace with Colton but I couldn't ignore the slight smirk on his face which I'm not sure if it was because my confession or because Isaiah's obvious tense shoulders when I spoke. 

"But," I began again. "Isaiah, I like you too." Isaiah's face morphed into understanding of what was going on here, however his shoulders didn't come down from their tense position. 

I stood between the two of them, my heart clenching at the realization I truly couldn't take this back now. 

"Isaiah, I was hard on you, I'll say that. But you lied to me. About what, I'm still not fully aware." His mouth opened but I held my hand up to silence whatever he had to say. "I don't care, I've been unfair to you as well. I stormed away from you because my feelings were hurt, when truthfully, I don't know when was the last time I thought about just you. He-" I pointed towards Colton, "has been on my mind as well since the day I found out he was moving in next door to me."