Chapter 1:Detention

I was sitting in English class on the verge of ripping off my ears and pulling my eyes out. Mr. Green's voice was so dry and annoying it would cause the most cheery person to become a downer. Although I had only been in this class for twenty minutes it felt like a whole school day. His class had the ability to just ruin an entire day that was full of laughter and joy.

I had one friend in this class and she was out sick today. Come to think of it Lizy always got sick right before this class and went home. She would show up in the morning, stay for first-third period after our free period she was gone. Always. No one ever says anything though. I was seriously considering disappearing before this class myself.

I found myself staring out the window looking at the snow fall from the sky and gently land on the ground. Michigan weather was beyond annoying. One second it was hot then warm then it became freezing cold. This explains why I had a jacket, hoodie, and winter coat all in the trunk of my car.

"Stacie...Stacie.....STACIE"

 My mind was wondering off to all kind of places until I heard Mr. Green calling my name. I snapped out of my thoughts and by then the whole class was staring at me with amused facial expressions. I wanted to be anywhere but here right now.

"Yes Mr. Green" I said to him in an annoyed, sarcastic tone.

He gave me a stern look as I scooted down in my chair knowing he was going to give me yet another lecture on paying attention in his class and how I need this class to graduate.

He started “Stacie you really need to start paying attention-" but I cut him off.

"Mr. Green I've heard this speech five times since I've gotten in this class...I don't need it again. I need to listen...pay attention...because I need this to graduate" I mocked him, waving my hands around the way he would do.

"I get it...moving on." I added. I really just wasn't in the mood today and I was like ninety percent sure my little display of attitude would get me detention.

I knew exactly what he was doing when he went to his desk and went in the first draw on the left. I had seen him go to that side at least two times a week and I was the cause each time. I slowly gathered my notebook along with my cream colored shoulder bag and went to his desk to receive my wonderful detention slip but I couldn't leave without a smart remark.

"Mr. Green how am I supposed to pass this class if you always send me to detention?" I joked and went on by changing my voice into a whiny one and saying,

"I NEED THIS CLASS TO GRADUATE." He rolled his eyes in irritation and handed me my slip then pointed towards the door, never making eye contact with me.

---------------------

When I arrived in detention my usual spot was always open. A small desk that was in a corner over by a window. I know...I have a thing for windows. They help me focus on my drawings and all my poems and stuff. I mean let’s face it I didn't really fit in anywhere. My only friends were Liz and my notebook. The only reason I had Liz was because we grew up together.

We all know how easy it is to make friends when you’re little. When in high school, the cliques matter, your clothes matter, your looks matter, and here at this school if you didn't have money, you really didn't matter.

I wasn't ugly. I was the awkward kind of cute as all my cousins would say. I didn't exactly take that as a compliment. Sure I had big bluish, grey eyes and my blonde hair was long and pink on the ends but that didn't make me awkward. Did it?

I had reached my seat and was lost in my thoughts by the time I finally looked around the detention room. I scanned the room and it was full of usuals (like me), up until I ran my eyes past this boy I had never seen before.

He had hazel eyes and brown hair that was cut short but his outfit is what caught my attention. He didn't have on any color. The brightest color on him was his eyes. He had on grey pants with a black jacket to cover up his black shirt and black shoes. He simply just looked angry and he was staring at me stare at him.

He was only two seats away from me and he was staring at me like I couldn't see him. I rolled my eyes and looked down at my nails. Out the corner of my eye I looked his way, he was still staring at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked him rudely

A smiled tugged at his lips like I amused him. A small dimple appeared in his left cheek and I think I began to blush because I was sort of checking him out.

"No, it's just your hair interests me." When he opened his mouth and spoke a deep voice filled the room and took me by surprise. I don't know if I expected his voice to be smaller or something but it shocked me.

I felt my cheeks heat up even more, I'm sure I was sitting in detention looking like a tomato and I couldn't control it.

"Umm is that a good thing?" I asked almost shyly.

He laughed, "Sure." he shrugged calmly. And went back to writing in his notebook.

My eyes widened in shock. He just went back to what he was doing like he didn't just talk to me.

"That's it? That's honestly why you were staring at me so long? Come on now." I asked, truly curious.

He looked up and ran his hands thru his short brown hair. His expression was blank and all he said was "Yup." popping the P.

I was confused but I just didn't push the situation. I didn't have the energy.

-Okay, Tell me what you guys think so far. It will be a student/teacher romance. I just haven't brought in the teacher yet. But seriously guys tell me what you think. Vote ^.^ (picture of Stacie on the side)