Chapter 7-Justice

"And then all of a sudden she changed. She came back a completely different person. With a new mindset, a new outlook, a new soul. The girl that once cared too much about everyone and everything no longer cared at all." ~Unknown

Justice

She really did change. Jo wasn't the same girl that I left. When I left her she was full of life and happiness. She was always smiling and talking about what she wanted in the future. She talked about publishing a novel and writing a couple of scripts for television. She had big dreams but now she was more serious always running around never really putting herself first. When I found out she was my surrogate, my heart stopped beating for a second. I promised myself I would never see this girl again but now it was inevitable it was like if fate wanted us to see each other again. When we were together I really thought we were going to get married but after what I was told I knew that we could never be together because she never really loved me. I was just a placeholder for someone else, for the person she really loved.

Last night when I stay over it just opened my eyes to how much she had on her plate. She was taking care of her brothers on her own and she was also raising a son. Which left me wondering who the father was. She sacrificed so much for these boys and she was also putting her body through major changes for me, to help me start my family.

After helping Harvey with his math study guide he went and got ready. I offered to take him and Austin to school. I dropped Austin off first because he had science tutoring and Harvey was next. When we stopped at the school he did not get out of my car right away. He stayed silent but looked down. I could tell the boy wanted to ask me something. The question was, did he actually have it in him to talk with me sincerely. 

"Everything alright kiddo?" I asked him.

"You're going to break her heart again," Harvey said to me. I could see the concern in the six-teen-year-olds eyes. "She barely survived when you left the first time."

"Honey we aren't dating," I assured him. "She is just my surrogate." Was she really just my surrogate though? Could me and her really just go back to being strangers again after this. I want this to go as smoothly as possible but I can't help all the questions that come along with this situation. 

"Doesn't change the fact that she still loves you, Justice." I looked at him shocked. Did Jo really still love me? Could these years apart just have made the heart grow fonder? Before I could ask he got out of my car.

It's been three years, I have made a life. She deserves to move on, I have or at least I have made it so that I have someone even if the love I have for them isn't the same as the one I have... had for Jo.

I did not drive back to Jo's but I did text her to let know that I would be picking her up from work. I did not like the idea of her walking home alone so late at night. I went home. When I got to my apartment I wasn't surprised that Jordan was home. Jordan and I had been dating for a year and a half but the only problem was that when we talked about kids he was very set on not having any. When I brought up having a child he assured me he would stay with me but he did not want to raise the child or even be biologically related. In other words, I would raise the kid on my own he would just be in the background.

"Where'd you stay last night?" He asked.

"I stayed with my surrogate. We stayed up getting to know each other."

"Oh, that wasn't a joke." He was definitely shocked. "I thought you were maybe going to wait another year."

"No, I wasn't. So if I am not around it is because I am with her making sure my baby is okay." Jordan went back to being on his phone and I sighed. He is the main reason I am not doing the pregnancy, yes I am usually always running around from meeting to meeting. Traveling to different places to make sure that everything with Just Inc., my company, was going well.

I love this man but sometimes I just want to strangle him. He is a sweet guy once you peel through the first couple of layers and look past the fuck boy image.

I left him in the living room and went to my room to change quickly. I wanted answers about Jo and the only one that could give me those answers is Lex. Lex knows Jo probably better than Jo knows Jo.

~~~~

When I walked into Reyes Lex was sitting down having lunch by the looks of it. There was a boy sitting with her and she was smiling and laughing which was a shock. I did not know that Lex was capable of laughing. Lex always had her guard up when it came to Jo. She put it down when her bestfriend was around but she was extermly protective over Jo. I have no doubt in my mind that Lex would commit murder for Jo and vise versa.  

I walked in and asked if I could join them but Lex's smile dropped. "Justice, what do you want?" I offered her a warm smile and sat down. The boy whose name I did not know made room for me.

"I need answers," I explained. 

"About?" 

"Jo." Lex stopped eating and gave me her full attention. "Harvey seems to think she is still in love with me." 

"I can't answer that." She said to me. "I can tell you that, Jo doesn't need someone in her life that is just going to be temporary so if you are just going to leave then don't let her get attached to you." 

"I never planned on hurting her you know?" I asked. I was unsure of what Lex felt towards me but I know it wasn't love. Lex was never my biggest fan, and I did not blame her. Her aggression towards me was justified. 

"But you did." I thanked her and left. She was right. I can't just be a temporary person in Jo's life. Maybe it was time for a friendship between us. Enough time had passed we both healed from old wounds. We are both more mature and we still get along great. We are good, we care for each other I don't see any reason for us not to be in each other's life.

I knew that Lex meant well for Jo, but if I am being honest I am one-hundred percent sure that I know Jo more than she does. I know that girl's soul and the way that girl thinks maybe a little more than Lex does. 

When I got to my house, my boyfriend was nowhere to be found. Knowing that he always posts on social media where he is I logged into mine to check. He was on a flight on his way to New York. I sighed in frustration, he really couldn't handle the fact that I was going to have a baby. He had told me he was okay with it but a part of me thinks he is really bothered by the idea. Can I really stay with someone that doesn't want the same thing I do?

As I pulled into the parking lot of Reyes I couldn't help but notice that Jo was outside. She was talking with Lex's boyfriend but she had tears in her eyes. Lex's boyfriend just kept on looking at her with sad eyes, like if he wanted to take her pain away. 

Jo kept talking to him. She seemed really hurt. After she calmed down Lex's boyfriend pulled her into a loving hug and kissed her forehead. I knew there was definitely something between them. But would Jo really have something with her bestfriend's boyfriend?