Chapter 6

"I just never noticed you before." River said odd that she was the one saying that. "You’re really amazing." River motioned to the drawing of the boy the girl was drawing.

The girl flushed and covered the pictures.

Her freckles took spotlight on her face and it was just so cute.

River looked across the classroom at the boy she was drawing.

River was pretty sure the boy was a sophomore. He was cute, handsome really.

His thick curly light brown hung over his eyes and his face was strong like a man's should be. He was built too; even for a sophomore he was built.

He had thick shoulders much like Darius but Darius beat him in height that was for sure. The boy wasn't much taller than River but certainly tall enough for the little redhead.

Who was glaring at River, jealously sparking in her eyes? River laughed a little.

"Hey don't you worry about me I don't want your man." Her tiny shoulders relaxed a little.

She looked back at him and the boy was staring at her. When he realized she was looking back at him he quickly looked away and shuffled some of his papers.

"Good news he likes you too." She looked up at River her eyes filling with tears and she slowly shook her head. "Yes Hun I think he does."

"No he doesn't." she said.

"And why don't you think so?" River asked.

"I asked him to the dance next week and he said no." She glared back at the asshole.

"I would say he was probably being shy but that's a lie." River said bluntly and she looked up at River with those pale eyes. "Was he with his friends?" She nodded. "That's probably why, the little wimp is a pussy and can't stand a strong woman."

She giggled and the boy looked back at her a small smile forming on his face.

River waved her hand in his line of vision till he looked at her then she flipped him off. His brows drew in then he suddenly paled and looked away. Satisfied with herself she turned to the girl.

"I'm River by the way." The girl wasn't looking at River she was looking above River. River turned and looked behind her and nearly fell out of her seat. Darius was standing behind her.

"River that's pretty." He said and River growled. She put her hand on his stomach shoving him away.

"Asshole why'd you have to go and scare the shit outta me." River snapped and he looked a little shocked and he looked so funny River laughed. "What didn't think little ole me couldn't curse." River felt herself smile. "Oh I couldn't possible say shit that would be wrong and you would never hear me say fuck."

It took a moment but then Darius was laughing his throaty laugh and River could feel the girl tensing up. River turned back to her.

"My names Emily." she said her voice weak. River sighed and turned back to Darius.

"Your scaring her." He looked down at himself confused. "Sit your ass down. Your freaking huge when someone is standing next to you image sitting next to you while your standing." He sat down, his brows still drawn in confusion. "You make people feel tiny, dumbass." River simplified it for him.

He grinned and puffed his chest out. "Damn right!" He thumped his cheat with his massive hand.

And River lost her breath.

She watched as his arm flexed and his muscles coiling and then releasing. She locked into his eyes and nearly drowned in their chocolate color.

It looked like melted chocolate, River wanted to swim in his eyes. They looked so amazing and warm and flicked over her skin setting it aflame.

A throat cleared and River found herself leaning in.

She would have been mortified if Darius didn't have the same glazed look to his eyes that she had and if he hadn't been trying to lean in too. River shook her head and looked at Emily.

"Your boyfriend isn't scaring me that bad, he's just so big." River felt her cheeks flush.

"Oh he's not my boyfriend he's my friend. Ahh I mean we're not friends-"

"Were not?" Darius faked sadness putting his hand to over his heart. "That's harsh."

"Ohh Jeesh," River groaned. "I don't have any friends at all." She said. "And I don't want any." There was silence for a second then Darius burst out laughing.

"You're so bad at lying." he said and clutched his stomach as he roared with laughter.

Everyone turned and stared even the teacher. River's face flushed again and her eyes flipped around the room.

It took a few minutes for him to stop laughing and people had gone back to what they were doing except the guy that Emily liked he was glaring at Darius and that was probably because Emily was laughing with him, though her laugh sounded more like little bells. Beautiful.

And the other person watching was a girl. She was glaring straight at River. Her black eyes like fire and her mocha cheeks flushed a deep red. River turned away from her and looked back at Darius who had finally settled.

"Darius?" River asked.

"Yeah?" he chuckled.

"I think you should go back to your friends." His face drained of any laughter that had been making his cheeks a handsome russet color. He looked at his friends one of which was that girl.

"Fine," He snapped and left. There was silence for a moment and River settled into her seat.

"You shouldn't have done that." Emily had her strong voice back. River looked down at her and glared.

"It's none of your business." River's voice was deadpan.

"He likes you." She said River looked down at the paper in front of her and went to work.

"No he doesn't."

"If you think Dustin likes me, then that guy likes you." It was easy to connect that Dustin was her boy. River shook her head.

"Darius just helped me yesterday and was just making sure I was still okay."

"Didn't sound like it." she said and went back to drawing her picture of Dustin she was doing his hair now having finished everything else.

"Whatever believe what you want to."

"I will!" she said happily and I glared at her and all she did was smile.