Chapter Nine

"Get up!" X'heve said to him.

Andrew looked around and he was back in the room with Lord X'heve. He looked confused; didn't he just die?

"The change is complete. You don't have much time to hurry to your family before you are cast out of that world and into this one. I'm afraid by the time I arrange for a summons for you it will be too late." He told him. "I gave you some of my blood. That will help suppress your bloodlust so you can save them. Afterwards you will come back here, and I will help you get accustomed to your new body."

His body took a deep breath as the world came back into focus and he pushed himself up. Jin reached out and help him up. It took him a moment to gather his balance and steady himself. The grip Jin had used earlier on him was no longer terrifyingly strong. Was it because he was the same now, or was it all an illusion before? "Come. As you walk you will get the hang of it. We don't have much time."

Andrew understood, they told him about the barrier between this world and theirs. It was the barrier that protected Earth from Angels and Demons. It was the reason mages had to summon demons so they could cross over.

They hurried to towards the house. He was amazed at how fast he was. Running felt good, and they arrived quickly. The door to the front of the house was busted in. He could hear sounds coming from within. His paced quickened and he hurried inside to see Gwen naked in the living room. Her clothes were torn off of her and she was surrounded by four men. There was another scream and he saw Arianne being dragged into the room by a fifth. Rage flashed through him so quickly his vision went red. Using his new speed and strength he grabbed the man dragging his daughter and separated them. "Go to your room!" He yelled at Arianne. She didn't hesitate and quickly hurried back to her room and shut the door.

The mans neck snapped easily as he choked him. As the body fell to the ground, he turned his attention to his wife's attackers. He threw one across the room who stopped moving when he hit the floor. The other three quickly turned to defend themselves but it was too late. Andrew grabbed him by the throat and threw him to the ground underneath of him. He felt the man's spine snap when he hit. The other two turned away from him and started to run towards the door.

Andrew caught one and killed him quickly and chased the other out the door. He didn't get far before Andrew had him in his hands and suddenly, he felt a new burning sensation take over his body. He could hear the man's heartbeat. Could smell his fear. Smell his blood. Fangs slid down his mouth and as he held the man tightly, he bit down on the side of his neck drinking his blood. As the blood slowed and eventually stopped, he forced himself to let go of the body and let it drop the ground.

Turning back towards the house he felt a panic. He did all of this in front of Gwen, what was she going to think of him now? What was he going to do to cover all of this up? Jin walked up to him and patted his shoulder, "That was amazing."

Gwen came to the doorway; she was now wearing a robe to cover herself. He looked at her trying to read her expression as he approached. "I..." He started to say not sure how to continue.

She smiled at him and then wrapped herself around his arm, her hand on his chest tenderly. "Your attractive when you go crazy." She said to him with a playful smile.

Andrew looked at her confused, "What?"

She pulled away from him and slid her robe down so that her right forearm was exposed. He noticed she wasn't wearing the band she always kept there. Immediately he recognized the symbol burned into her arm...X'heve. She was a follower of X'heve? "This makes things much easier."

Jin came into the room and looked around at the damages and whistled. Then looked between the two of them with a smile. "You told him then?"

Andrew looked between Jin and Gwen and took a step back. "What the hell is happening?"