3

Writing
'Thoughts'
"Speech"
[Demon Speak]
# Shadow Speak #

Kali was overjoyed. She had found her Human, even if hers wasn't all human. She had known from a young age that she was meant to be a familiar to someone powerful, someone not quite from her realm.

Kali liked her name, she's never had one before. It was... nice.

Her father was definetly going to be pleased once she told him, he had been worried that her human had long since passed away before she could meet them, but no - her human was strong, and had survived.

Her human was also a bit... off.

Well, her magic was.

It seemed... tainted? Dim?

Kali wasn't sure what the word was, but it was like someone had tried to chain and wrap down a feral wolf and failed, but the wolf didn't get out unscathed. Or like someone trying to keep all oxygen in one room, but obviously, there would still be oxygen leaking out into the rest of the world or the world would just keep creating more.

Kali knew that she was but one of the familiars that would choose her human, but she promised the moment she smelled her human's magic that she would protect this child with everything she had.

It only helped that when she arrived, her human was torturing the disgusting humans that had hurt her so many times before.

Yes, she enjoyed chasing after the giant whale of a boy. She did as asked of her, as well, for she had taken the child far far away and deep into the pits of hell to have the other Shadow Demons help in the torture of a very worthy boy. Because let's face it, this boy would definetly end up in hell no matter what he did.

When she had returned to her human carrying only the boy's head, covered in blood, she laughed.

[You did wonderful, Kali, thank you. Did you enjoy yourself?]

Kali simply did a wolfish smirk, huffing out her annoyance as she stated.

[As if a demon such as myself would hate torturing a worthy soul. I see you have finished with your... Une-kel? Is that what you called him?]

Harriet giggled at the demon as if they were childhood friends speaking of the latest drama.

[Close enough; it's uncle, not une-kel. But yes, now we wait for my dear Aunt Petunia to stop screaming for help. Then you may have your fun with her, I am interested in seeing your demon magic at work.]

Kali tilted her head to the side slightly.

[Were you not aware of your own ability of the Demon Magics? You have Demon blood, I can smell it on you.]

Harriet blinked at this, shocked at this new news, before turning towards the shadows and speaking to her only friend for the past 8 years.

# Alice? Why was I not aware of this? #

Alice hummed in thought.

# I myself was not aware, Chosen, for I can only sense the amount of power, not the type of magic one may hold. But, it does explain many things... #

Harriet raised an eyebrow.

# Such as...? #

# First off, it explains the language you speak in when you are speaking directly to your new familiar, Kali. Were you not aware of the switch of languages? #

Harriet's stunned face gave Alice the answer she needed.

# Apparently not. Hmmm... Kali, you are able to hear me, correct? #