Chapter I: Welcome to UA High School

Since the hero occupation first appeared, dominating the global stage, UA High School was there. The prestigious academy renown through all Japan, indeed the entire planet, had a reputation for turning out some of the world's greatest heroes. With such men and women plastered across the media it was easy to see why every young child wanted to become one in his or her future. To embody the noble qualities of peace and justice, and to earn the title Hero. For those with such ambitions, UA High School was the goal. To pass the entrance exams and be privileged enough to walk in the footsteps of such heroes as All Might and Endeavor. The pristine glass buildings and impressive towers that stretched towards the heavens were the dream of every youth in possession of a quirk. Except (F/N) (L/N).

To be honest, (L/N) didn't much care for Japan's number one hero academy. Perhaps he had thought about it as a small child, but that was many years ago. A dream that had died along with his childhood. Truth be told, he didn't care for his quirk either, despite how powerful it might be. He'd always seen it more as a burden than anything else. So, despite being raised in a society that practically worshipped heroes, (L/N) never had any real desire to become one. And yet here he was. Walking through the halls of a school he never applied to based on the recommendations of someone he barely knew.

He came to a halt outside a tall door, the figures 1A emblazoned on the front in large red lettering. Every classroom in the school had been labeled similarly. A strategy to help people find their way in such a large building. But such methods didn't help (L/N) much. He brushed the pads of his fingers across the plaque on the wall next to the door, the bumps beneath the text spelling 'Classroom 1A'. From behind the wooden frame he could hear the chattering of voices. Sliding the door open, he stepped inside.

The talk he heard through the door ceased as the students already present turned their attentions to the newcomer. Several seconds of silence followed before a strong male voice spoke up.

"Excuse me, but are you lost?" They said. "Do you require assistance finding your way?"

Of course, the first thing everyone had noticed was the long, thin cane in his hand. And the white cloth tied around his head, covering his eyes. No one would expect a blind man to be enrolled in UA's hero course. At least he wasn't alone in thinking he didn't belong there. But alas...

"Is uh... is this Class 1A?" (L/N) asked.

"Yes, that is correct." The same alert voice said.

"Then perhaps just some help locating my seat." (L/N) said. "Seat number 21."

The man made a noise of surprise, his words coming out in unintelligible stutters.

"That would be next to me." Someone called.

The new voice was feminine. Gentle, but strong in its own way. (L/N) turned in the direction of the voice. Taking his cane, he scanned the area ahead of him, the neck alerting him of the other desks blocking his path.

"Oh, I'm sorry." The female said.

(L/N) heard the sound of a chair being pushed out and then felt someone gently take his arm. She helped to steer him around the other desks, guiding him to his seat.

"Thank you." (L/N) muttered.

"You're welcome." She said, taking her seat at the table next to him. "My name is Momo Yaoyorozu."

(F/N) ignored her, instead folding up his cane and placing it in the inner breast pocket of his uniform jacket.

"My name is Tenya Iida." The voice from earlier called. "I apologize for my earlier ignorance and ask for your forgiveness. It was rude of me to assume you were lost."

"It's fine." (L/N) said shortly.

A scoff came from the front of the classroom, causing Iida to turn and look at the straw haired student sitting in the front row.

"Man, they'll just let anyone into UA these days, huh?" The abrasive voice said.

The voice's owner, Katsuki Bakugo, was reclined in his chair, his feet propped up on his desk.

"A blind kid enrolled in a hero course. Pfft, what a joke."

(L/N) ignored Bakugo's comment. People like him were nothing new. Iida on the other hand, began approaching his fellow classmate, his chest swelled indignantly. His indignation, however, was not on (L/N)'s behalf.

"Take your feet off of that desk now!" He commanded.

"Huh?"

"It's the first day and you're already disrespecting this academy by scuffing school property, you cretin!"

(L/N) crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair,letting his chin fall to his chest. Through the raised voices coming from Bakugo and Iida, he heard the door slide open. Another student arriving. More voices amongst the sea of chatter. His ears picked up on their conversations.The anticipation and excitement palpable in their voices as they speculated about the day to come. Who their homeroom teacher would be. What exciting things they were sure to learn. How incredible it was to learn from the world's greatest heroes. The energy in the room spoke the words on everyone's mind.They'd made it. UA High School, their first step towards becoming a pro hero.He felt out of place. Unlike the rest, he had no desire to be there. No desire to be a hero. Their enthusiasm and excited anticipation was lost on him. What was he doing there?