Chapter One

In front of Neo, there were two glass doors. The doors that led to Neo's new home for the next ten months. As Neo sighed loudly, he grabbed the door handle and opened the door. As he walked in the volume of noise grew. People everywhere. Booths that belong to student organizations everywhere and the families that surrounded said booths. Neo looked down at the small index card that he held before he walked over to the registration booth.

"Hello! Welcome to Washington University. Your home for the next four years! My name is Ashley. What is yours?"

"Neo."

"Well Neo, what dorm are you connected with? I can find you faster that way."

"Oh, uh," Neo looked down at his card.

"My dorm is in the Watterson Tower. Says Gold Standard Watterson Tower."

He heard the girl chuckle, and he watched her turn around and look through a tub. She pulled out a string backpack and a small package. As she turned around, she held it out for Neo. Neo grabbed it from her and held it in his free hand.

"So, this is your welcome packet. Here you will find numerous opportunities for freshmen for the year, and it also has a map, notebook, pencil, and school merch. The small package is a gift from campus to you. Some people got gift cards, some got shirts, and some even got a textbook gift card. I hope you enjoy and have a great Fall semester!"

Neo nodded and walked away from the booth as he heard Ashley speak to the next person in line. Neo shoved the small package into the sting backpack, while he placed the package into the bag, he pulled out the map. He knew what the dorm building looked like, but he did not know where it was since he did not know the layout of the school. He walked to the end of the hall and out of the building. He looked up and down from the map, trying to avoid people while he tried to find his dormitory. He sighed loudly after it took him over two hours to find his building. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet, so he could swipe his student card to get in. Once he heard the beep that allowed him in, he opened the door and looked around. The place was massive. He knew this dorm was new, but he did not realize how new it was. He looked to the left and right before heading to the elevator. As he waited for the elevator, he couldn't help but be curious as to who his roommate was. Neo moved his belongings in a week ago, but he has not been back since. The school allowed people to drop their belongings off up to three days before the move-in date, just to help with traffic. Once he was inside the elevator, he pressed the 24th floor. He sighed loudly again as the elevator traveled up.

Once outside the elevator, he walked down the hall until he was in front of his dorm door. He swiped his student ID again and stepped inside once the door was able to open. He saw his belongings where he left them. As he smiled to himself, he walked inside and closed the door behind him. He walked over to his tubs and grabbed his backpack. While we went through his backpack, he grabbed his earphones and put them into his ears while he started to unpack. He started with his clothes since he knew it would take a while. He spent the rest of the day hanging up his clothes and placing some in the drawers. He also built his undergarment holder and his sock holder. He also built his laundry basket and made his bed. He placed all the empty totes together and placed them under his bed. He was on his final tote. He dragged it over and started to empty it on his desk. He sat on his desk chair as he organized his desk.

He groaned loudly as he needed a break, but he knew that he was almost done. He did not want to worry about trying to set his area up while his roommate was setting up his area. He yawned and stretched. He looked around before he grabbed his bathroom bag and walked into the bathroom. He looked around taking the far-right shelf.

The bathroom was massive. While Neo looked at himself in the mirror, there were two thing bookshelves to his right, and behind him was a large shower with a sliding door. Behind him to the left was a corner shower, and two stalls that appeared to be toilet stalls. Next to him on the left was the same sink design that he was currently at. Two skinny long bookshelves, and two sinks. He finalized his shelves and smiled to himself. He walked out of the bathroom and closed the door behind him. He walked back over to his desk and grabbed his wallet and keys. He walked to the dorm door and left. He was hungry.