Chapter 14

3 months later

"Don't you think that this is a little too soon?" I asked. "Don't stress yourself out, Logan," Tyler's mother, Megan comforted me. "He'll love it."
"What if-"
"Sweetheart, Christmas is in a little over a month. I know it's not much time but it's only such a small gift."
"But-"
"You're that whole boy's world, Logan. He's wanting this just as much as you do."

I nodded and took a deep breath, running my hands through my hair. She placed her hand on my back and moved her hand up and down lightly. I relaxed and closed my eyes. "You haven't slept in 3 months you deserve to rest." She recommended. I nodded at that and got up. "I'll keep Tyler occupied for you." She smiled, kissing my forehead, then leaving.

I haven't been home in so long, it felt weird. I went upstairs to my room and laid down. I fell asleep in less than a second and let my mind reprocess everything.

-

I woke up after a long while then got up. Over the past three months, the curse of a wolf being trapped in a human's body wasn't lifted, me and Tyler got closer if that's even possible, Lexi's seven now, and that's about it. I got up and got dressed, then woke up Lexi. She got dressed and appeared in front of me, placing her hand on my nose. I smiled and picked her up as I stood up, putting on her jacket, then heading to the car.

"Where are we?" She asked. "The store. To get Daddy a gift for Christmas." I responded. She wrapped her arms around my neck and nodded. We walked into the ring store, starting to look. I looked everywhere through the store till Lexi found something. "What did you find, princess?" I asked. She pointed it in the glass and looked at it. I looked down at what she was looking at, admiring it. "I love it and he'll love it too, munchkin." I smiled, kissing her cheek. We walked over hand-in-hand to the register and paid for the gift. I picked her up as we headed back to the car. I drove back home, watching the snow start to fall onto the ground.

"Careful, munchkin. I don't want you to slip and fall." I assured as she got out of the car. She nodded and went inside after me. "Why is there no tree?" She asked. "Because, we're spending Christmas together with your other Daddy's family." I explained. A small 'oh' escaped from her mouth as she ran upstairs into her room.

Babyyyyy.

Yes, love?

Can I come back home? I'm bored and my siblings are annoying me.

Yes, you can come back home.

Good. My mom is coming cause she needs to talk to you.

Okay, I'll see you in a little bit.

I went upstairs, going into Lexi's room. "Hey, prin-" "Daddy! I don't want you to see my gift, cover your eyes." She demanded. I listened and put my hand over my eyes, "They're covered." She did some rummaging around then sat back down on her bed, "You can open them now." I removed my hand and playfully attacked her, tickling her. She giggled and squealed, trying to push me away. I stopped after awhile and kissed her cheek, "What do you want to give to Daddy?" She shrugged, "I'll think of something." I nodded, then got up, heading back downstairs.

The door opened and Tyler jumped into my arms, causing me to fall back, peppering my face with small kisses. I kissed him softly and moved my hands up his back. He kissed back, relaxing under my touch. "We haven't even been here for two minutes and you two are already on the floor." Megan laughed softly. Tyler pulled away, blushing in embarrassment. I got up, holding him against my chest. "You should probably go help Lexi get her Christmas gifts together." I assured. He nodded, getting out of my arms, then heading upstairs.

"Did you get it?" She asked. I pulled the box out of my pocket, opening it up. She gasped in awe, looking up at me, "He'll love it." I nodded in agreement, putting it back in my pocket. "So, for Christmas Eve, are you three just going to stay the night at our house?" She asked, heading to the couch. I followed her to the couch, "I think it would be best if we did." She nodded and sat down. I sat down next to her, leaning back into the couch.

Tyler and Lexi came downstairs and he sat next to me, while she sat in between me and Megan. He pulled me into his lap, rubbing my back. I relaxed into him, closing my eyes. "Do you know what you want to get for your daddies, sugar?" Megan asked Lexi. Lexi shook her head and looked back at us. "You can take her off our hands for a bit." Tyler nodded. She kissed our foreheads then picked up Lexi, "We'll be back in a hour or two." We both nodded as she left.

"Has Christmas shopping stressed you out, my love?" Tyler asked softly as he stroked my hair. I nodded into his chest, "It's too much work." He nodded, "Any idea on what to get Lexi?" I shook my head, wrapping my arms around his waist.
"How about we go look later, yeah?"
"But first I want to sleep."
"What? Cause sleeping without me isn't the same? Because that's how it is for me."
I nodded, slowly rubbing his lower back. He relaxed, bringing his head down closer to mine, then closed his eyes. We fell asleep shortly after our exchange of words.

-

"What are we gonna get her?" Tyler asked, holding onto my arm as we walked through the town. "Hm, maybe some clothes? I don't know." I responded, opening up my jacket, pulling him closer to my body. He relaxed into my side, humming softly.

"I mean, the kids and my parents are probably just going to get her toys and things in pink. So.. maybe, we can get her a pet?"
"Like what?"
"I don't know, Logan. Christmas shopping for a girl is difficult."
"We can get her princess dresses. I always call her princess, so it seems fitting."
"Make it from both of us, because I have nothing in mind."
"Already planned on it."

"Speaking of presents." He looked up at me. I looked down at him, "Hm?"
"Have you found me anything?"
"Of course I did and I'm not telling you. Did you find something for me?"
"Yes, I did and you'll love it."
I smiled and kissed his forehead. He blushed lightly, hiding his face in my side.

The snow started to fall again as the sky fell dark, and Tyler buried his head into my jacket, trying to avoid as much as he can. I put my arm around him, starting to walk back to the car. He pulled on the door handle, whining when the door wouldn't open. I unlocked the car and we both got in. I started the car, then started driving home. I lightly tapped my thumbs against the steering wheel as I listened to the soft sounding music.

I pulled up the driveway, then got out, unlocking the door. I opened the door and he went inside. I closed the door behind me and laid down on the couch. Tyler picked me up, carrying me upstairs. "You're not as heavy as I expected." He muttered to himself. I shrugged, getting down once we got to our room. I pulled off my jacket and shirt over my head from the back of the neck, then pulled off my jeans. I  changed into my sweatpants and football sweatshirt, while Tyler changed into a pair of my sweatpants and my football hoodie. He kissed my cheek, then wrapped his arms around me.

I picked him up and set him on the bed. He scooted back to the head of the bed as I crawled up to him, laying down on top of him.

"Christmas shopping is just stressful and tiring."

"I know, I know."

He kissed my forehead, closing his eyes. I closed my eyes, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Goodnight, Logan."

"Goodnight, Tyler."