Chapter 6 - Bob Dylan smoked, so can I

'Hey Liberte, can you stay behind please?' i asked quietly. She nodded, dropping her bag to the floor and then dropped to her seat. I closed the door behind the last student to leave and went to sit next to her.

'hi' i said, laughing nervously, letting out a breath.

'hey' She said grinning. My heart swelled, she had started to be nice, show emotions....but after this she'd just... 'so what is it?'

'what happened, with you know...it'll never happen again' My nerves were building as her reaction changed.

'elaborate' Her green eyes narrowed, her face hardening.

'this can't happen, i know we run into eachother but we can't take things past the class room, it's not allowed. We can't be friends as much as i want to it just that-' Liberte stood up and walked out the door, her poker face on. 'i'm sorry!! Liberte , Liberte wait please just-' she wouldn't hear me.

I sat silently on my desk starring into the open. I had a bunch of assessments to mark but my mind wasn't functioning. Yesterday i had been curled up on Liberte's sofa, entwined with her and now...My sister and my dad are both gone, it felt like i had lost another person. But that was impossible. She's my student and its only been three weeks into term. I'm not going to deny i think she's beautiful and we get along, and maybe i have a thing for her, but i'd class it far from love. But either way it still hurt.

Liberte

Last fucking time i try and be nice. SERIOUSLY!? HE came to ME! crying! HE took ME to HIS place, HE came to the ball, the brun ball , MY parents ball. WHAT IS HE ON ABOUT!?  That bastard, little cunt. Fuck him, jheez. I stormed down the hallway furiously, ignoring the usual 'hello' and 'heys' i got from people.

I took the next week and a half off of school, our head of year was aware of me being a slightly 'problematic' child. Alcohol, drugs and a fuing temper. I spent my time working out, playing the piano and smoking; along with only one glass of wine a day.

on my third day off my phone buzzed annoyingly by the bedsight lamp.

'ello' i said annoyed.

'Liberte, where the fuck are you?!' Lexii hissed

'at home, in my bed.'

'why?' oh God, Lexii lacked brain power sometimes.

'i do this , i dont know why.' HEY! WAIT....'shouldn't you be in lesson?" my attention finally at its peak.

'i am, i was forced to call you...'

'by who exactly?' Curiousity noticable in my voice.

'Mr Shore and-'

'oh that dick, tell him i say hey and i condemn him to the-'

'liberte listen to-' i continued ingoring her.

'i condemn him to the lowest depths of hell to burn in anguish and pain' i finished.

'Liberte?'

'hhhmm' what now?

'you're on speaker' ah...this is funny.

'Hello Liberte' Mr Shores voice sounded down the phone.

'i've been reading some John Milton, Paradise lost and Paradise regained , sir'

'ah poetry i see, are you planning on coming to school any time soon?' His voice laced with annoyance.

'no' My voice was blunt.

'Liberte, what the hell is going on!? You can't just drop out of school whenever you like and-'

'give me my phone back!' I heard Lexii shout. Uugh. i hung up.