Chapter 25. The calm before the storm.

After my birthday things calmed down for us. Michael had gotten all of his alpha duties in order and we were able to spend some time together. My training was lessened to just during the second half of the school day and Saturdays. Michael, Brian, Amy, and Thomas all said that I was equal to them in most senses now, anything else to gain needed time. I was faster and stronger than I ever thought possible.

Amy has brought several books from her coven for me to read to further my knowledge. She even managed to track down one about white wolves. It didn't contain much knowledge we didn't already know, as white wolves were very rare, but it did mention the special gifts.

It was said that white wolves would inherit one of more special gifts. This could include being able to mind link with whoever, visions of the future, being able to tell when someone was lying, being able to speak to the dead, or being able to force others to do what they say. The book said there could be other gifts but those are rumors of what they could have. As far as I could tell I couldn't do any of those.

School droned by and soon graduation was approaching. Michael and I had decided to have our wedding a month after graduation. There was an alpha meeting called directly after graduation so he wanted to wait until that was done.

The alpha meeting was called for the other packs to meet Michael as the new Alpha. Normally there would have been a ceremony to name him as the Alpha, but since he had to challenge his father for it that didn't happen. They had wanted to come sooner but Michael delayed it.

Brie, Amy, and I had started planning my wedding and to say I was excited was an understatement. We were going to hold the ceremony on the pack lands by the edge of the woods. I had a beautiful white lace dress with a long train picked out. Thomas was going to walk me down the isle. Amy and Brie were my bridesmaids, Brian and Jacob were Michael's groomsman. It was going to be a big event with all of the pack invited. In addition to walking me down the isle, Thomas was also going to be the one to marry us. He was the only living family I had as far as I knew and I was very thankful to have known him most of my life.

Everything seemed to be going perfect.

The week before finals I took a break from training to focus on studying. To be honest, school really wasn't that big of a deal to me anymore, I still wanted to do well though. I was so determined before because I thought this was my only way to get into a good college and make something of myself. My life had other plans.

I'm a rare white wolf, I have several amazing friends, I have an uncle I've known most of my life, I have a wonderful fiancé, and I'm soon to be the Luna of his pack. Even with all of that I still wanted to graduate. I wanted to accomplish what I had set out to do. To prove to the pack and myself that I'm worthy.

So, I wanted to do well on my finals. Amy and Brie were studying with me. The day before finals we had a sleepover in my room. No boys allowed. We spent the entire day studying. Food was even delivered to the room. By dinner time we were all studied out and fully prepared for the finals.

We decided to reward ourselves with a movie. Since Michael and I had watched twilight together, the girls and I decided to watch new moon. I know the movie isn't suppose to be a comedy but to us it definitely was. When the movie was over we laughed and discussed it. Eventually though the topic of our mate's came up. While I couldn't believe Brie was pregnant yet, she couldn't believe Michael and I haven't mated. And Neither of us could believe how distant Amy was from Thomas.

"Honestly, I want to be with him, I'm just worried. My coven really doesn't take well to hybrid relationships. Obviously no children will come out of it, as I'm too old, but I don't think they'd be accepting." Amy explained with a sigh.