(4) Where am I ?

As I tried to open my eyes, it took some time to adjust to the bright light in the room. Immediately I felt a pang of pain on my right arm as if a thousand daggers were being shot at the same spot.

I looked around to register where was I. Its not the same old familiar room where I sleep, instead it was a huge one. There was a huge closet to my left and a big window to my right. I sat up to lean on my back but was unable to put pressure on my right hand. It damn hurts.

Am I having nausea? What happened yesterday? When it finally got inside my head that I was not inside my house and somewhere else. The first thought that threatened to take the life out of me was my Mom. I imagined her ready to snatch my ears and twist it widely.

I shrugged at the thought. Rubbing my temples I tried to remember what happened. As far as I remember Stan called me, then I got into the driveway and got into my car. I was driving through the empty street and I was almost near the beach.

Then...uh...then...I think. God dammit! I don't remember.

"So you are awake." I saw a grinning Andrews standing near the door. It was little awkward sitting on the bed and watching him in his boxers. So is this his house?

"How did I end up here?" I asked grinning sheepishly. Was that a good question to ask first.

"You don't remember anything?" He asked showing an expression of disbelief.

"Nah. Care to explain me?" I noticed my jacket was removed, even my jeans were not there. I was just covered by a blaket. So I was basically sitting there wearing a seen through shirt. I felt so embarassed but I managed to control it somehow.

Andrews sat on a  computer chair comfortably facing towards me. He looked so hot half naked. It seems he worked out a lot. I couldn't help but admire his well built body. You can even see his veins popping up whenever his muscles contract.

That made me struck back to another thought. Daniel. His father owned a gym so he started to work out at an early age. We used to have so much fun. I was so engulfed in my thoughts that Andrews literally yelled my name to get my attention.

"So-Sorry." I stammered cutting eye contact from his bare body.

"So eager to check me out?" He smirked.

"No I was not checking you out." My cheeks already turned red hot. Damn! I am not very good at controlling myself in such situations.

"As I was saying before. Let me recite it again for you since you were day dreaming." I didn't dare to look at him so instead I looked outside to see the blue sky.

"When I met you I saw you were frantically searching for someone on the other side of the beach. The cops were already out there so I tried my best to persuade you to come with me but you were determined to help someone." He gave a pause trying hard to read my face.

"You don't remember anything, do you?" I shaked my head from side to side showing that I really don't remember anything.

"Then some drunken guys appeared who started harassing you. So I kinda got into a fight punching them but I must say you were pretty good at kicking them as well. Unfortunately one guy gave a huge blow on your arm and another one knocked you off. After that you went blank." Andrews narrated the story as if it was some kind of latest movie.

I got kicked by some drunken guys. Ouch! My arm still hurts like hell.

"And then what happened?" I asked.

"I didn't know where you live so I took you to my house."

I tried to contemplate what happened exactly. I only remember bits and pieces. But there is something that feels missing. I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that I forgot something.

Then it hit me. Stan, oh no shit! I couldn't find him yesterday. Taking out my phone I switched it on but the battery was already dead.

Looking at my troubled face Andrews seem to realise that I need a phone and offered his. I mumbled a little thanks and quickly typed the number.

Stan picked it up. Thank god.

"Stan?"

"Eves. Where the hell are you?"

"Are you alright?" I was having a mini heart attack thinking about what poor Stan might have done when I didn't show up.

"I am perfectly fine. But where are you?" He raised his voice as if he was my Mom asking for answers.

"I am at a friend's house. I will explain later. Do you know what my parents are doing?" As my mind felt a bit relaxed at the thought my best friend was fit and fine, at the same time I was troubled with the thought that I will get a lot of scolding for sneaking out at night.

"You must thank me. I was at your house in time searching for you and I made an excuse to your mother. I was so worried when I saw you were not there. I tried your phone millions of time. What the hell were you doing?" His voice was full of concern. I am sure he must have searched for me the whole night.

"I will see you at school. Bye." I cut him off before he could speak any longer. I feel so relieved now.

 Looking up I saw Andrews staring at me with a questioning face, "What?"

"Is Stan your boyfriend?" He asked still with the same expression. Suddenly why is he eager to know that.

"No, just a friend." I smiled and blushed at the same time. I flipped the phone towards him.

"Good. Then get up and lets have some breakfast." I was so happy at the sound of breakfast  that my stomach growled in approval that it was also hungry.

I jumped out of the bed and stood on my feet. Shit! I am not wearing my jeans. Why am I born with such a stupid head. Today I think is the day of embarassment.

Andrews blushed at the sight of me as I wrapped the blanket around me. I have never seen a guy looking so cute while blushing but he seems to enjoying something else as well.

He tried his best to hold back his laughter but finally burst out. Guess why? I don't know either.

"God Evie! That face was priceless. You must have looked at yourself in the mirror?" Do I make such funny faces that people laugh so hard. I didn't react much as this was nothing new for me. I have heard people saying that to me thousands of time.

If he was Stan I would have kicked him by now. Somebody needs to tell this guy I turn very violent whenever somebody laughs at me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to

COMMENT

VOTE

if you like the story.