crazy (zuckles)

mason (zuckles) x reader

---

we both sat on the hotel bed, everyone had left minutes ago. i cocked my head in response to masons unusual behaviour of being "unchatty." whenever mason wasn't talking something was up.

i moved closer to mason, crossing my legs and sighing.

"macey, what's up?" he looked up at me, his face flushed red.

"seriously (y/n)." he spoke sternly. "im fine, you should've gone out with the others." he broke the eye contact, his ocean eyes looking at the window, plausibly staring at whatever activity was happening down in the streets of new york city.

"nah, nah, you're obviously upset about something and im trying to figure out whats wrong." i fought with him. he was one of my closest friends and i was trying to make him feel cared and loved for.

mason made brief eye contact with me, tears filling up in his eyes.

i begged him to ask me what was wrong. what type of friend would i be if i didn't ask him what happened?

"macey." i started, moving onto my knees and brushing the slight brown hairs out of his face. frowns gently appeared on both of our faces.

"(y/n), can't you see how much i love you?" he yelled, not too loud but loud enough. these words caught me off guard but i didnt speak after him. i waited. "you fucking drive me insane, i love you but you show cam and eric so much attention and affection. it fucking kills me!" his voice got more deeper and aggressive when he spoke of the other two boys. if you didn't know they are all best friends perhaps you would think they're enemies. 

"mason" i tried to interrupt him and his rant.

"no, shut up, listen. i really admire you and it fucking tears me apart when cam picks you up or when you wear one of erics hoodies." he paused to wipe his eyes, which were glossed over with tears. his face was wet with salt.

i felt horrible.

mason sighed, his entire body "deflating" in a sense. he looked up after a few seconds.

"can't you see how much you drive me crazy?" mason spoke, throwing his head back and throwing his hands up to his face. he choked out a sob. i sat there, in front of him, completely useless.

"mason, i didn't realize you felt this way." i spoke quietly. timid.

"god." he threw his head back up to face me. his dark blue orbs staring right back into mine. a defeated smirk flew into his face like an attempt to smile was made but it was obviously it was a cover up just to hide his pain.

i moved closer, cupped his cheeks and moved in closer. i gave him a light kiss and sat back down on my haunches.

masons eyes went wide.

"wait, so does this mean?" he smiled.

"yes, i like you too mace, everyone else  is just a friend. i like to play around with them. it's okay." i cooed.

mason moved in the hug me, his arms wrapping around my much smaller body.

"(y/n), you drive me fucking crazy."