[BSD] Ideals | Kunikida x male!reader

This is an ever so wonderful commission for @/aidantheburrito over on tumblr! bless their soul for coming up with this concept because I never would've done something like this and I've never had more fun writing anything else than I have this. This is so so so so cute I really hope you enjoy! :))

Kunikida was a man who stuck to his ideals. He never strayed from them. Sure he got teased by Dazai about them but they were important to him.

However, there were times that Kunikida doubted his ideals. Were they too specific? What if there's no woman who could satisfy them? What if all of his ideals are wrong? Maybe he should loosen up a bit.

Even though he had these thoughts, he was very prideful and always stuck to them.

Kunikida had today off. Instead of locking himself in his home and relaxing, he decided to pay his respects for the young girl who committed suicide to save her brother back when he and Atsushi were trying to find Pushkin, the man who put the "cannibalism" ability on the Port Mafia and ADA boss. To this day, he still blames himself for those unfortunate events. If I had just moved a little faster and tried a little harder...

The smell of sweet flowers and pollen filled Kunikida's nose but at this point, he was used to it. It seemed like he was in the flower shop all the time.

You only went to flower shops at one time of the year. For an entire week, you buy flowers and dedicate that week to your father who passed away a few years ago due to alcoholism. As much as you were mad at him for being a jerk most of the time and not being there to show you how a man is to act and how to handle becoming a man, you missed him. So, you visit his grave every day for a week leading up to his birthday.

While Kunikida was picking out flowers, he was a bit spaced out. He couldn't focus. His eyes wandering everywhere else but the flowers in his hands. He looked out the window and watched the cars pass by, he listened to the conversations full of small talk around him, he looked at the people there and observed them. It happened by mistake, Kunikida stared down at the daises he had in front of him but his eyes jolted up and caught a glimpse of your face.

He looked again. You were staring at the flowers in front of you and letting your fingertips brush against their petals, thinking about your father.

Something inside Kunikida erupted. He felt his chest get tight and his stomach flutter. He's never felt these things before. Just by simply looking at someone? He's been told about this feeling before but he's never felt it and let alone he didn't expect to feel it so early! He wanted to feel this in 4 years' time when he got married. Why is this all happening now? And... towards another man? He never believed there was anything wrong with that, he just never stopped to question himself.

Kunikida got so caught up in his thoughts, he didn't realize that you were now in his face.

"Can I help you?" You stated, trying not to sound rude but it annoyed you how long he had been staring at you. It made you a bit uncomfortable.

Kunikida jumped and his cheeks dusted pink ever so lightly. He started talking really fast and tripping over his words.

"I-I'm sorry!! I was lost in thought and-" He took a deep breath, composed himself, and started over. But unexpectedly, he gave you a deep bow. You took a step back.

"I apologize for staring. It was unintentional but very rude of me." He said.

You weren't expecting all of this. You put up your hands defensively. "Dude, it's okay! It just creeped me out a bit."

Kunikida stood back up and fixed his glasses.

There wasn't much to talk about at that point so, you both awkwardly waved to each other and parted ways.