chapter 6

that night, Molepaw's dreams were disturbed. at first he thought that he was in a grassy meadow, then he was on a stone hollow with snarls coming from every side. Finally he saw a shadow and these spine chilling words. "remember, you can change a cats life. but be warned...... even time can bring the worst senerio ever." and he woke up. he peered through the branches that were screening the den and saw that it was near dawn.

Molepaw glanced at Spiritpaw who was sleeping soundly in her nest a few mousetails away next to his nest. he stared at her for couple more heartbeats before heading out of the den. he looked around the clearing and saw the deputy, Berryflower and Seednose coming out of the warriors den. Berryflower flicked her cream colored tail towards Molepaw and said, "you want to come on the dawn patrol?"

Molepaw nodded and joined his mentor and Berryflower at the tunnel entrance. "oh and we are waiting for Sageflight." added Seednose. Finally Sageflight emerged from the warriors den and padded over to where the dawn patrol was waiting. "well?" she yawned, "what are we waiting for?" "you turtle-brain." meowed Berryflower. "Oh." Berryflower rolled her eyes but headed out of the camp.

"We are headed to the Fog Plains." stated Berryflower. Sageflight who was in front of Seednose protested, "But it's all dark at the Fog Plains at dawn! How are we going to see or scent?" Berryflower narrowed her eyes and retorted dryly, "Well, Sageflight. The patrol was going to see if we can scent as well as see in the Fog Plains. Hawkstar's orders. Or would you rather take it up with Hawkstar?" "n-no. I'm fine."

"now that's what I thought. Let's continue, shall we?" mewed Berryflower.  no one else protested and once the patrol was done it was close to sunhigh. When the entered the camp, everything was peaceful. the elders, Lilyflower, Graystreak, and Crowfoot were laying outside of their den in the sun, while Lightfrost and her two kits, Mallowkit and Lizardkit were coming out of the nursery.

Foxear, the clans newest warrior was choosing a piece of prey from the pile and Hawkstar was speaking with Berryflower about the patrol. Molepaw was begining to forget about his dream when Spiritpaw came over to him. "well?" her voice was low and Molepaw knew what she was talking about, if there had been anymore warnings.

"I'll tell you later." he replied as he heard his name being called. Molepaw looked at who called his name, it was his mentor, Seednose. "yes?" he answered when stopped in front of Seednose. "Redsky needs help going out to look for herbs. he asked me to tell you that he wanted you to help him." Molepaw knew better than to argue. instead he dipped his head to his mentor and went to the medicene den to find Redsky waiting for him.

Redsky flicked his tail and without another word headed toward the entrance, only to be stopped by the summons that called the clan together for a meeting. "let all cats old enough to defeat an enemy come beneath the lob branch for a clan meeting!" Hawkstar called. Redsky growled and turned around back to the clearing. Once the clan was seated Hawkstar announced, "Nightclan now has some new kits ready to become an apprentice-." she broke off as there was a noise coming from the entrance.

eeryone whipped their heads around and snarls echoed from every side of the hollow, just like in my dream! thought Molepaw.  then the branches that screened the entrance opened up and there stood Skullpelt with a crazy gleam in his eyes.....